NY applicants - non-ny schools that give lots need based aid ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

basha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats up all - Can all the new yorkers tell what non-ny schools they are applying to that give a lot of need based aid.

There are also a lot of non-ny schools that lower out-of-state tuition to in-state tuition for those eligible (needy). And there are schools that you can apply for resident status after a year of living there, so you pay in-state tuition after your first yr.

Please don't tell us about schools where NY residents have little or no chance of getting in. Thank You.

Members don't see this ad.

Mayo gives many of their students full-tuition scholarships. Everyone gets at least a half-tuition scholarship. They take residents of all states.

the two schools i applied to:
UCONN...after the first year you should get their resident tuition (they accept substantial amount of out-of-staters)
Dartmouth...they offer pretty generous need-based scholarships

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard that NYMC offers scholarships but I can't get a straight answer from their administration about how to apply for the aid.

AK

Rutgers- NJ, gives out-of-staters resident status if they have resided in NJ for atleast 2 months. This could mean that if you move to jersey before the summer of '03, you could be paying state tuition.

What about Non-NY schools where there is a high chance for NY residents to get accepted, with a 3.4 gpa/30 mcat.