• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

NY Community Programs

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Verified Expert
15+ Year Member
  • Mar 6, 2005
    1. Attending Physician
      Can someone ranks these programs?

ST Vincent
      St Luke
      NY Queens medical center
      North Shore

With respect to what? Reputation? Workload? Training? Fellowhip options? Free food at conferences? Ability to get a spot w/ bad board scores and as an IMG? Hotness of ancillary staff?

There are myriad ways to rank programs. Nearly all of them are subjective and the vast majority are meaningless.

FWIW (which is very little) as far as overall reputation goes, I'd go with:
      1. SLR
      2. North Shore
      3. St. V's
      4. NYMC-Q

theunderdog

Medical Student (Slave)
      10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Oct 29, 2005
        SLR has the best reputation of the 4 because of its affilitation with Columbia.

I would not say that these 4 hospitals take those with bad board scores. I know that SLR doesn't have score cutoffs, but they have thousands of apps. I know for a fact that North Shore and NYMC-Queens both have board cutoffs. I don't have much info about St.Vincent's in NY, but I know the St. Vincent's in MA does not have board cut offs. SLR is the biggest program of the four and does have a large number of IMGs.

With respect to what? Reputation? Workload? Training? Fellowhip options? Free food at conferences? Ability to get a spot w/ bad board scores and as an IMG? Hotness of ancillary staff?

There are myriad ways to rank programs. Nearly all of them are subjective and the vast majority are meaningless.

FWIW (which is very little) as far as overall reputation goes, I'd go with:
        1. SLR
        2. North Shore
        3. St. V's
        4. NYMC-Q

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.