NY Externships

futurepetfixer

7+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2009
new york
  1. Pre-Veterinary
    Hi - I did an externship with the AMC last summer and am doing another one this summer. The person to contact is Lauren Klinger. What are you interested in? I did a week-long rotation on Neuro, internal medicine and surgery.
    if you're interested in neuro - the AMC is the place to go, both Drs. McCue and West are BRILLIANT and very eager to teach.
    Internal medicine - there is really no bad choice here. I shadowed Dr. Palma, who is fantastic and very interactive with the students.
    Surgery - i worked with Dr. Kovak - she was wonderful - i don't know the other surgeons too well.
    Radiology - Dr. Fischetti is the person to shadow - he hilarious and very eager to teach as well.

Let me know if I can help with anything else :)

About the Ads

NStarz

Ohio State c/o 2016
    7+ Year Member
    Sep 25, 2009
    Ohio
    1. Veterinary Student
      I started contacting places for this summer last fall. I knew I wanted to get in some of the big-name places (AMC, Angell, etc), so I scheduled a bit in advance. For some of the less popular ones, you probably don't need to be so proactive.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.