NY Med [ABC tv show]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How have you not heard of torrents before?

I can't find it on piratebay and my university internet bans torrenting.

Members don't see this ad.

IDK, she was nice to that dude who came back to ask her out. She could have rejected him on national T.V.

Members don't see this ad :)
IDK, she was nice to that dude who came back to ask her out. She could have rejected him on national T.V.

Yeah but she dumped that way older rich boyfriend for her ex- in another episode. She was saying how it was between having the lifestyle she wanted, or to be with her true love.

Sounds like my ex-. :mad:

Yeah but she dumped that way older rich boyfriend for her ex- in another episode. She was saying how it was between having the lifestyle she wanted, or to be with her true love.

images

LOL. Yeah, she looked bad. I 'm sure see regrets how the show made her look. She looked like she left dude one day and was with the ex the next day.

:thumbdown:thumbdown

Were you the old rich boyfriend?

Where to watch new episodes considering I don't have discovery health?

I really like the show. The doctor that gets married looks like a total D-bag. Why do we need to see what kinda car he's driving?

Right? A Maserati and Lambo? Geez man give it a rest.

It seemed like he really cared for his patients and he manages to juggle a lot of cases at one time. If he gets the job done and is competent why does it bother you both so much what car he drives? He (and the rest of the cast) probably have little to no say in how the show is edited and presented. I doubt he told the producers, "be sure to show my cars!"

If he gets the job done and is competent why does it bother you both so much what car he drives?

Because this perpetuates the public's beliefs and stereotypes that surgeons make $30,000 per procedure. There was a paper published in an orthopedic journal [sorry, don't have the reference & am too lazy to search for it] which estimated that patients on average over-estimate their physician's salary by an absurd amount (something like 20x). And we wonder why the general public doesn't object to physician salary cuts in the healthcare policy debates...

It seemed like he really cared for his patients and he manages to juggle a lot of cases at one time. If he gets the job done and is competent why does it bother you both so much what car he drives? He (and the rest of the cast) probably have little to no say in how the show is edited and presented. I doubt he told the producers, "be sure to show my cars!"

Of course somebody has got to start an argument on a thread about tv shows. It didnt bother me had had nice stuff, but 2 of the most expensive cars on the planet? THATS intense. The general public think doctors are rich, arrogant ****s already, the producers of that show just gave them more ammo.

Man, I wish I'll have such attendings like Dr. Oz behind me as mentors who would help me not only to learn the medicine/surgery in the right way but also to pick up some valuable social/soft skills to be able to manage the patients' and their relatives' expectations skillfully. He's so humble a person that he helps the nurse aid to push the stretcher on his way to his show although he's in his blue suits and all that. He helps to unite a patient with his ex-wife and family just to let him have a support system before the surgery. All the nurses on his floor love him and have a lot of great memories with him. He's been welcomed with cheers at any place in the hospital like a governor or a lovely dad. He's been the most awesome doctor I've seen in NY-MED TV show.

NY-MED is second to BostonMED in my medical documentary like-list. I personally didn't like Johns Hopkins show much, honestly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Because this perpetuates the public's beliefs and stereotypes that surgeons make $30,000 per procedure. There was a paper published in an orthopedic journal [sorry, don't have the reference & am too lazy to search for it] which estimated that patients on average over-estimate their physician's salary by an absurd amount (something like 20x). And we wonder why the general public doesn't object to physician salary cuts in the healthcare policy debates...

Of course somebody has got to start an argument on a thread about tv shows. It didnt bother me had had nice stuff, but 2 of the most expensive cars on the planet? THATS intense. The general public think doctors are rich, arrogant ****s already, the producers of that show just gave them more ammo.

If I remember he said he has one of the biggest if not the largest heart surgery practice in the country. I have no doubt there are tons of patients wanting to see him and that for every person in that small segment of the population watching the show and actually thinking: "wow that guy's a douche" there are several multiple patients and families that are grateful for being under his care.

Yet no one has any objections to celebrities and athletes making millions of dollars, often making more money in a single year than a doctor makes in a lifetime.

The people in this country make me sick.

Yet no one has any objections to celebrities and athletes making millions of dollars, often making more money in a single year than a doctor makes in a lifetime.

The people in this country make me sick.

:thumbup: +1

Interesting thing is that the objection comes directly from the people in medicine. WTF!.:mad:

If I remember he said he has one of the biggest if not the largest heart surgery practice in the country. I have no doubt there are tons of patients wanting to see him and that for every person in that small segment of the population watching the show and actually thinking: "wow that guy's a douche" there are several multiple patients and families that are grateful for being under his care.

I'm sure he's a boss and an excellent surgeon, pretty sure no one is denying that. You don't need to defend him in that regard. And I'd agree that he deserves what he makes, no doubt.

But given the tone of the ongoing health care debate in this country, it's probably in poor taste to show off your sick lambo to millions of viewers on network television.

I'm sure he's a boss and an excellent surgeon, pretty sure no one is denying that. You don't need to defend him in that regard. And I'd agree that he deserves what he makes, no doubt.

But given the tone of the ongoing health care debate in this country, it's probably in poor taste to show off your sick lambo to millions of viewers on network television.

Well as long as there is inequality, which there always will be, a lot of things will be in poor taste.

I remember that the MLB baseball players either went on strike or wanted to go on strike not long after 9/11. Not only did they fail to gain sympathy, but people were pretty pissed off considering the sacrifices that the first responders made and how little they get paid. This is from memory, so correct me if I'm wrong.

You can pretty much argue that a lot of things are in poor taste. Is it poor taste to say that you'll give Joe Flacco a $100 million dollar contract since he's an amazing QB that took the Ravens to the Super Bowl while there are people in this country who are suffering?

Oddly, you don't hear an outcry from the statement above. Instead, people always whine about doctors making so much money, yet don't care when people all around them are making way more. I remember one time I looked up a Tom Petty song on YouTube. I noticed in the comments section there was some negative comment about him. Then on top of that, someone wrote this long passionate response defending Tom Petty, which got a bunch of thumbs up. This was the kind of response you would hear from someone who is defending their family members, their loved ones, or close friends. This is not what you would hear from someone defending someone who they have never met and who Tom Petty probably doesn't give two $h1ts about. On the contrary, I'm sure that if this same person's PCP was insulted, who actually works to better their health and life (therefore cares about them and their well-being), I doubt this person would have come to their defense.

Things are pretty messed up. But I'm not a self-hating medical student. I realize that everyone as a premed pretended that they didn't want to ever earn anything and help every single person for free. But that's not realistic. I'm proud of my future earning potential, and am now going through the most miserable time of my life to get it. So to anyone who says I'm a selfish bastard and don't deserve this money, I respond by saying: "Why don't you go play a game of hide and go F yourself?" :smuggrin:

NY ER show on discovery health, where can you watch new episodes other than on health channel?

NY ER show on discovery health, where can you watch new episodes other than on health channel?
Torrents for the first 4 episodes can be found; the show is ok but not very interesting. They reuse some clips from nymed but it's the same people and different cases. The producers made ny er because they had so much leftover footage from nymed.

bardouche must have encountered some surgeons more douchy than he was.
I can see a total stuck up senior attending sabotaging his residence.
He seemed nice and relaxed, though.

Or more likely, he was not happy with gen surg program/money.
But damn all i hear is, ohh if you quit or are dismissed from a surgical program say goodbye to any other surgical programs. And yet this guy is integrated CT at stanford.
OMG!!!

Not only is she a DO, but I remember her from high school - and she wasn't that smart. How in the world did she become a DO (even thought I really don't consider DOs as true doctors, let alone as surgeons - could you imagine?) She was pretty, very thin though, I remember a lot of people used to say she had an eating disorder. I am sure she doesn't anymore, but still, I have to wonder. But just one of those people who was a little off.

tom-delonge-wtf1.gif

I wouldn't go to her bc this woman is not that smart, she was just like an above average student, nothing superior, and then became a DO bc she is not smart enough to go to medical school. Enough said. I can only speak for myself but I always want my doctors to be smart, well-trained MDs. I could care less what they look like.

DOs did go to medical school and they are doctors...

I wouldn't go to her bc this woman is not that smart, she was just like an above average student, nothing superior, and then became a DO bc she is not smart enough to go to medical school. Enough said. I can only speak for myself but I always want my doctors to be smart, well-trained MDs. I could care less what they look like.

Dang, this Whitney girl be jealous. Reminds of a ratchet high school girl :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user

The joke here is that she's a board certified surgeon and you're just a jealous troll.

Surprised no one mentioned Dr. Rahul Sharma seems like a chill doctor. Also I don't see why some of you guys are hating on the surgeon that's a DO. I don't think you guys understand how difficult it is to get a surgical residency at that hospital as an MD let alone DO. I sense a lot of jealousy.

Whitney-

Reactions: 1 user
Not only is she a DO, but I remember her from high school - and she wasn't that smart. How in the world did she become a DO (even thought I really don't consider DOs as true doctors, let alone as surgeons - could you imagine?) She was pretty, very thin though, I remember a lot of people used to say she had an eating disorder. I am sure she doesn't anymore, but still, I have to wonder. But just one of those people who was a little off.

Haha, spoken like a hater. I'm sure she feeds off the hate from people like you as she rakes in a 6 figure salary while making a difference. Btw I would stop perpetuating personal bull like you posted on the internet just to tarnish her name. Curious what makes you better than her?

I know of people who have gotten rejected from DO and gotten into MD programs. They are becoming just as competitive as MD schools.

Does anyone else think that the really hot nurse is a gold digger?
I know I'm late on this, but I think so. lol After the show aired she was approached by this one company and she now promotes this fat burning pill that obviously it is another worthless product.

Last edited: