NY Medical College's Postbacc Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crazy4MD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if any of you guys have any info about their Basic Medical Sciences Program and if students who do well in the program can get accepted into NYMC. I'm seriously considering postbacc programs but wish to stay in the tri-state area, and it seems to be that this program is the only one around me thats any good. Thanks.
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

You should try calling them... But I'm sure you have already.... Just wanted to bump this up for any folks who can answer this for crazy4MD... :cool:

NY Med is in lower Westchester. In NYC there are several good postbac programs: NYU, Columbia, Hunter College, for example, all in Manhattan.

NYU and Columbia are expensive, Hunter is not.

There is no such animal as GUARANTEED acceptance: you have to perform at an acceptable level. If not, all bets are off. The disclaimer, if present at all, may be hidden in some tiny footnote.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, the postbacc program in columbia seems to be for those who haven't taken any premed classes and the same goes for NYU. Hunter I don't really know about. The one that I know most about is the one at New York Medical College. I realize that seats can't be guaranteed but what I really mean is that is it a good program and is there anyone that went to it that actually got into a medical school?????????

i know of one girl who started the program and got accepted into NY med the same fall. The program is not binding, so she didnt come back for second semester. i'm not sure of her stats.