NY methodist hospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arielred

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any inside information about this program? In terms of teaching, scutwork, fellowship rates etc? Their website doesn't offer much information.

It seems they had a bad reputation a few years ago but just wondering if it has changed. The reason I ask is they went unfilled last year in the match (11 unfilled) so either not many people ranked them or they offered a lot of prematch positions.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i don't know too much about this program but you can check out
www.scutwork.com to find what residents/interns are saying about their own programs.

I rotated there as a student >5y ago so my information may not be relevant anymore. Do a search here and you will find plenty of warnings away from this program (including from me) for a variety of reasons.

The weirdest thing about this place is that they tend to take about half of their class from IMG pre-matches and then don't actually submit a rank list at all so they don't fill. Then they try to scoop up as many good unmatched people as possible in the scramble. It's a bizzarre strategy and I'm curious to see how things are going to go for them next year when there's no pre-match and a managed scramble.

I rotated there as a student >5y ago so my information may not be relevant anymore. Do a search here and you will find plenty of warnings away from this program (including from me) for a variety of reasons.

The weirdest thing about this place is that they tend to take about half of their class from IMG pre-matches and then don't actually submit a rank list at all so they don't fill. Then they try to scoop up as many good unmatched people as possible in the scramble. It's a bizzarre strategy and I'm curious to see how things are going to go for them next year when there's no pre-match and a managed scramble.

Thanks for the reply. I've heard similar things from fishing around online.

Last edited: