Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

NY Residents not living in NY (SUNY)

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bridgie, Nov 15, 2002.

1. bridgie

bridgie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I am a NY resident born and raised but I have lived and worked in a different state for a year and a half. I have NYS tax returns, a NY driving license, NY voter reg but I dont have rent or untility bills for the past 12 months in NY. Does anyone have experience with this process? I just interviewed at a SUNY school and I want to get this in order before they review me.

2. klp14

klp14 Member in Flipflops
    7+ Year Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BobbyDylanFan

BobbyDylanFan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

are you a non-trad app?? if your parents are still living in new york and still claim you on their tax return as a dependent, i'm pretty sure you're okay. where are you interviewing and what are your stats, if you don't mind.

GOOOOOOO SUNY :clap: :clap:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OP
    OP
    bridgie

bridgie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

yeah grad in 00 doing research for a year and a half. Downstate, my stats are about at their mean.

I am independent working out of state but I still filed Ny tax forms as well.

5. OP
    OP
    bridgie

bridgie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

See the thing is each SUNY apparently has its own standards for proof and downstate requires:

1. tax forms (got that)

2. Three of the following
    -proof of lease or property for 12 months before school
    -utility bills for 12 months
    -NYS drivers license (got that)
    -NYS voter reg (got that)
    -proof of military

I was a dependent 2000 and independent 2001.

I dont want to call becasue I dont want them to consider me out of state if they know it is in question.

I was hoping someone delt with this last year or soemthing. Thanks.

6. phinicky

phinicky Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm a NY resident and lived out-of-state during college, and for year between college in med school. I had no problem proiving my residencyto SUNY with whatever they asked for in the appiclation (which I don't think was anything more than my driver's license)