NYC EM management companies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aequanimitas

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are looking to move back to our beloved NYC after I finish residency in California. I've lived, worked and gone to school in the City and would love to settle down there.

I'm having trouble finding the names of companies that do hiring in the metropolitan area. For example, I know EMP has locations in the East Coast, but their nearest hospital to NYC is in Stamford, CT.

Can anyone throw me some names of companies so I can do some research?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

i don't think there are that many

in addition to EMP there is EMA which has sites mainly in Northern NJ and outside NYC (their NY "city" sites are St Vincent's in the West Village and Richmond in Staten Island -- they have sites in white plains and new rochelle)

and then there is a lot of locums in the long island/upstate new york area

most of the new york city sites are not management companies. you would directly send a cover letter to the director/chairman of the ER.

good luck.

i don't think there are that many

in addition to EMP there is EMA which has sites mainly in Northern NJ and outside NYC (their NY "city" sites are St Vincent's in the West Village and Richmond in Staten Island -- they have sites in white plains and new rochelle)

and then there is a lot of locums in the long island/upstate new york area

most of the new york city sites are not management companies. you would directly send a cover letter to the director/chairman of the ER.

good luck.

Thanks Jazz. How could I have forgotten about EMA. I just emailed them. I'm a second-year so I'm probably early. I think it behooves me to start early because I'm across the country.

If anyone else has any other thoughts, please let me know.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been in nyc for 5 years. There are almost no groups (outside of EMA at St. Vincent's).

Do you want to work in the city? If so, there are many places to work but they require direct contact with chairs.

Hospitals to look at:
"community" aka nonacademic:
Lisch, Bronx-Lebanon, NYU-downtown (not the bellvue site), (arrrrrrrrgh there is one in the bronx, I can't remember.. catholic hospital StMary's? )

academic:
St. Luke's-Roosevelt
Columbia Cornell (need to be from 4 year residency)
NYU-bellevue (ditto)
Beth Isreal
Brooklyn hospital
Metropolitin Hospital
Lincoln
Kings County (brooklyn, 4 year)
Maimodides
Queens Hospital NY

there are a few others but these are off the top of my head.

Feel free to PM me for more info

Don't forget Mt Sinai, they have a large network of affiliated hospitals throughout the area (Sinai, Elmhurst, North General, Mt Sinai Queens, Queens General, Jersey City, etc) and offer good starting salaries. You can actually work at one of the community sites and also do a few shifts a month at the teaching sites with the residents...

Are there any private groups (not hospital employees) out on the Island? Anything with a partnership track?

Not much private, I don't think.

There is also LIJ/Northshore (part of continuum health).

Brookdale.
Some smaller hospitals in queens/brooklyn.