Nyc Gpr

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xkurkox

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the following GPR programs? Or any program you know that I didn’t list. Any info would be appreciated. I am looking to narrow down 3-4 places for summer externships in the NYC area.

Thank you.

Long Island College Hospital- Brooklyn
Brookdale Hospital - Brooklyn
Kings County Hospital - Brooklyn
Kingsbrook Jewish Med. Cntr - Brooklyn
Brooklyn Hospital Cntr - Brooklyn
Woodhull Med & Mental Cntr - Brooklyn
Wyckoff Heights Med. Cntr - Brooklyn
Coler-Goldwater Specialty Hosp - Roosevelt Island
Mount Sinai Medical Center-New York
St. Luke's- Roosvelt Hospital-New York
Brooklyn VA

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
LICH in Brooklyn or St. Lukes Roosevelt are both in nice locations for the summer in NYC. LICH is on the edge of Brooklyn Heights in Cobble Hill. Lots of restaurants and good nite life after work. Same For Roosevelt St. Lukes. 59th street, steps from AOL Time Warner Center, south the theater district and Times Square, five blocks north Lincoln Center and Upper West Side. Again, great restaurants and great nite life. Others listed may have good clinical experience as well, but....it's the summer.

Im from NYC myself i was actually asking about the program itself because i will be applying to some of them.

Thanks for your reply though

Members don't see this ad :)
I know one of the previous directors of hospital dentistry from the NY area. Her recommendations to me were (in this order)
1) Long Island Jewish
2) Montefiore
3) Brookdale
4) Flushing
5) Mount Sinai

Good Luck

I recently interviewed at Kings County and brookyln medical center. I liked boh programs. Kings County seemed a lot busier and more interesting things going on but the neighborhood was a little scary.

I have been to Mt. Sinai and it's not worth it to go there.
The facilites are very old, you don't have your own assistant, the residents are not happy.
I hear good things about Montefiore though and Long Island Hospital.

Jacobi Med Center has an old facility, but brand new equipment (chairs, units, xray, paperless chart, digital pan, ICAT, rotary). Zimmer and ankylos systems. Smallest program in the Bronx that offers real general dentistry as well as trauma (level 1 regional center). Across from Albert Einstein College of Medicine (full access to library and facilities)...a real teaaching center and a real campus. Only GPR that does special care at the Rose F Kennedy Center for Developmental Disabilities. No evening or weekend clinic and no tuition. Competitive salary. Pedo and OMFS program on site. Ample attending staff and assistants. Full hygiene program by staff hygienists. Jacobi looks for a national applicant pool.

Jacobi Med Center has an old facility, but brand new equipment (chairs, units, xray, paperless chart, digital pan, ICAT, rotary). Zimmer and ankylos systems. Smallest program in the Bronx that offers real general dentistry as well as trauma (level 1 regional center). Across from Albert Einstein College of Medicine (full access to library and facilities)...a real teaaching center and a real campus. Only GPR that does special care at the Rose F Kennedy Center for Developmental Disabilities. No evening or weekend clinic and no tuition. Competitive salary. Pedo and OMFS program on site. Ample attending staff and assistants. Full hygiene program by staff hygienists. Jacobi looks for a national applicant pool.

I'm gonna start at montefiore this coming summer, and from what i saw and heard from the residents they all seem very happy and relaxed and learn a lot and Dr. Newsome seems very eager to help and she treats all her residents with respect, the facilities are nice also.
I also have friends the got accepted to LICH, Jamaica and LIJ and they say the residents are happy and doing a lot of work. Hope this helps and good luck

I'm gonna start at montefiore this coming summer, and from what i saw and heard from the residents they all seem very happy and relaxed and learn a lot and Dr. Newsome seems very eager to help and she treats all her residents with respect, the facilities are nice also.
I also have friends the got accepted to LICH, Jamaica and LIJ and they say the residents are happy and doing a lot of work. Hope this helps and good luck

Could you please share your academic stats or give an idea of how competitive the spots for Montefiore are? thanks.