NYC GPRs-Overwhelmed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZZZDentistZZZ

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just started looking into PASS and applying for a 2014 GPR or AEGD position in NYC. There are many, many programs and I have to admit that I'm very clueless. Are there any current residents or newly graduated residents out there who could comment on their experience?

Currently, I'm starting my 4th year of dental school and I am at a point where I do not know what I want to do exactly in dentistry. I may want to specialize in the years to come but I want more experience first. I also want to be in New York City for the next couple years so I am required to complete a residency. I think it will be extremely beneficial for me but I want to make sure to choose the right program.

I am looking for anything within an hour commute to Manhattan (closer would be better though). Training in implantology and sedation would definitely be a plus. Most importantly, I want a program in which I'm constantly learning and improving everyday and that has a caring director.

Any input is appreciated.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone,

I just started looking into PASS and applying for a 2014 GPR or AEGD position in NYC. There are many, many programs and I have to admit that I'm very clueless. Are there any current residents or newly graduated residents out there who could comment on their experience?

Currently, I'm starting my 4th year of dental school and I am at a point where I do not know what I want to do exactly in dentistry. I may want to specialize in the years to come but I want more experience first. I also want to be in New York City for the next couple years so I am required to complete a residency. I think it will be extremely beneficial for me but I want to make sure to choose the right program.

I am looking for anything within an hour commute to Manhattan (closer would be better though). Training in implantology and sedation would definitely be a plus. Most importantly, I want a program in which I'm constantly learning and improving everyday and that has a caring director.

Any input is appreciated.

Thank you.

Does it have to be in NYC?
if not check out Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
It's in Newark, NJ. so if you wanna commute from NYC, then I guess it's about 40 min.
Some years ago I interviewed 10+ programs in NYC(including bronx,queens,brooklyn) but Newark Beth Israel was by far the best program and my experience there was fantastic. they have many dedicated attendings eager to teach you unlike many other programs.
you can google it, and I think they have made youtube video featuring the program after I graduated. Check it out and if you want to know more about the program, maybe I can share my experience. PM me if you want.