• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

NYC IMG friendly prelim spots

darkmansaad

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    Hey I will be applyin for the match next year and am an MS4 from Saba University (carib). Just wondering how hard it is to get a prelim (surgery/Med/TY) year in manhattan if i apply to literally every single one. Have very high board scores with research in last year with good LOR's.......let me know whats out there....

darkmansaad

10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Dec 1, 2006
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      haha hopefully that is the case in manhattan i know in brooklyn/queens/bronx its not so hard but i had my heart set on living in manhattan if i could swing it. thanks for the reply

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
      Staff member
      Administrator
      Volunteer Staff
      Verified Expert
      15+ Year Member
    • Mar 6, 2005
      1. Attending Physician
        haha hopefully that is the case in manhattan i know in brooklyn/queens/bronx its not so hard but i had my heart set on living in manhattan if i could swing it. thanks for the reply

Don't worry. There are plenty of crappy hospitals in Manhattan who would like to have a surgical prelim to beat on. It's not just out in the boroughs.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.