NYC peeps: Hunter College vs NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYCitygirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, I gotta make a decision soon. I have to stay in NYC for my MPH and I'm debating between Hunter College vs NYU. I got accepted into both programs but I don't know which to choose...

NYU is more expensive and probably has a better name, but does anyone know the real facts about whether NYU is really worth the price?

Help!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm having the same debate. :shrug: Are you going to the NYU Open House tomorrow? I haven't heard from Hunter about an accepted students open house but I want to check that out too. Which concentrations did you apply to in each school?

Alright, I gotta make a decision soon. I have to stay in NYC for my MPH and I'm debating between Hunter College vs NYU. I got accepted into both programs but I don't know which to choose...

NYU is more expensive and probably has a better name, but does anyone know the real facts about whether NYU is really worth the price?

Help!

I got accepted to Hunter MPH- EPI and BIO and more likely will be going there. The only exception is if I get into the one and only doctoral program I applied too.

My colleagues from nonprofits and govt organizations say Hunter MPH program is good and known in the field. So for the price and reputation I say go with Hunter. At least your debt will be much smaller. Unless that NYU degree will guarantee you over 6 figures upon graduation. Why consider?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is NYU's MPH program relatively new or something? No one seems to know anything about it.

Not looking forward to paying NYU's tuition if I can't get any info on their program. I've already heard tons on Hunter College's.

Is NYU's MPH program relatively new or something? No one seems to know anything about it.

Not looking forward to paying NYU's tuition if I can't get any info on their program. I've already heard tons on Hunter College's.

I worked at NYU for a few years, and I do recall the program or at least certain concentrations being new. However, please do not quote me on it. I was in the psychiatry dept.

Ive heard that a lot of Columbia profs are being scooped up by Hunter... its got a great reputation in city gov too...

I dont know any NYU MPH students or grads

I only applied and was accepted to Hunter for COMHE because I promised myself I would go some where affordable. I've only heard good things about Hunter...