NYC-> Philadelphia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anystream

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which form of travel would be the cheapest? I am from the west coast and trying to group my interviews together.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

if you have access to a car, it's a short, cheap, easy drive. you go over the GWB into new jersey, take the jersey turnpike south to the pennsylvania turnpike, and that takes you into philly. hour and a half drive.

Greyhound. AMTRAK varies... it can be expensive, but it's a short ride. I imagine you could get a cheap flight on Airtran. Also, as the above poster said, the drive is a pretty easy straight shot, but if you're not old enough to rent a car, that's probably not an option.

Members don't see this ad :)
fabulous. this is saving me a lot of money- I appreciate it!

I was worried because I'm not old enough to rent a car, and I just don't quite know my way around the east coast. thanks for the help. :)

Northeast corridor line on NJTransit. I cant image anything being more convenient or cheaper (I think its like $8 from NYC to trenton, then take the septa wich is realy cheap too)