NYC Post-Bacc: Ivy League or Community College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Summa

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, where should I go?

Columbia University is 50K (total) but LaGuardia CC is dirt cheap and I can live at home.

Also, I graduated with an Econ degree (Georgia) and two minors: Math and Philosophy. So I have some Pre-reqs under my belt (Math, Gen Chem I, and Phys I).

I'm not looking to boost my GPA as its a 3.95. My goal is to get the prereqs done as quick as possible and make my app competitive.

Members don't see this ad.

For pre-req's I would pass on a private school because it's not worth the money.. But at the same time I think most schools frown at taking many science pre-req's at community colleges.

If I were you I would try to take pre-req's at one of CUNY 4-year colleges (CCNY, Hunter, City Tech, etc). They're still cheap and education is good.

Hey guys, where should I go?

Columbia University is 50K (total) but LaGuardia CC is dirt cheap and I can live at home.

Also, I graduated with an Econ degree (Georgia) and two minors: Math and Philosophy. So I have some Pre-reqs under my belt (Math, Gen Chem I, and Phys I).

I'm not looking to boost my GPA as its a 3.95. My goal is to get the prereqs done as quick as possible and make my app competitive.

Take it at a city college, as Kubird144 said. Don't spend $50k in a very competitive environment.

Take it at a city college, as Kubird144 said. Don't spend $50k in a very competitive environment.

I agree if money is an issue....I have a friend doing the postbac at Hunter and she's really happy there.