PhD/PsyD NYC Psychology Externships 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HumanistPOV

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Officially submitted my externship applications for the next (2nd) cycle. This year was SO much easier than the first year applying and I am looking forward to having a site that is more specialized towards my interests (clinical forensic child). I am also thankful that interviews are being conducted remotely this year, I think it will take so much stress out of the process, even if it means missing out on getting to physically experience the site before making decisions on match day.

How are you all holding up? What are your hopes for this cycle? Have you gotten any interview invites yet, and how do you feel about them?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Sites aren't allowed to contact students for invites until January 20th at the earliest per the guidelines.

I'm excited and nervous since this is my last externship before internship apps next year, so I feel like a lot of my sites are super competitive, so hoping I am too lol.

My (hopefully) last externship as well! I know there are fewer spots for the amount of trainees applying given COVID, but I'm hoping I don't have to be too worried now that I'm an advanced extern..

Anyone else in neuropsych?

Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Congrats to each of you on it being (hopefully) your last cycle! I had not thought much about there being even fewer sites than normal because of COVID but that does make sense...

Even though I know it has been less than a week since applications closed, I have not been contacted by any sites yet and I feel worried, knowing that my area of interest is particularly competitive due to there being fewer child-focused sites. I'm at least grateful that there is a 2nd phase of the cycle if I don't get many (or any) interview offers.

The anxieties of this whole last year are no joke.
Good luck to everyone! I'd love to hear about people's virtual interviews and how they went.