NYCOM 1st year outlook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DKCDO

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
:D
as per the advice or OceandocDO I have started this new post.

What should I expect heading into 1st year at NYCOM?
i.e. Format of classes, stye of each class, books, study methods, death traps etc.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry DKCDO we're not igoring you. 2nd years have a block starting on Monday, and 1st years have a block coming up as well. We're starting to stress. I promise to give you a detailed reply in about 2 weeks or so. Just keep bumping this up, or so a search.

DOnut

Do not stress about this now. You will never be ready enough and you will not understand untill you get there. The only advice I can give you is to try and get settled into a place to live a few weeks beforehand (I moved to NYCOM 2 days b4 class) , get all the partying/traveling/ wild monkey sex/ TV watching out of your system before you go in. Do not try to study ahead of time, its useless.
You dont have to buy books ahead of time- save your money until the first day of class and the profs will hand you fairly decent set of notes. You will learn to gauge what you need to buy....

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, us first years start exams on monday, so maybe ocean and his year can fill you in for now... in general...dont study anything yet, join amsa get a free netter (this is only during orientation) and try to get settled in (living arrangements wise) before orientation. other than that, the orientation is gonna be plenty to provide you with "insider info".
~Happy summering