NYCOM class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi anyone receive financial aid packages for NYCOm yet? Can anyone give me a clue about the process.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by anntems
Hi anyone receive financial aid packages for NYCOm yet? Can anyone give me a clue about the process.

Received it in the mail today. It contains a ton of info and paperwork, all pretty much due by 4/1/04.

i think its time to bump this baby up!

got accepted yesterday.. woohooooooooooo

Members don't see this ad :)
Does any one know when we have to send official transcripts to NYCOM by?

i think you can send official transcripts even after school already started....just make sure they get something verifying that you completed all the requirements before

Does anyone know when school starts?

I think it starts around August 27 but the orientation begins on the 24th.

You can see it in your acceptance letter. I think it tells you clearly which dates when things begins and ends.

has anyone seen the new gym that supposedly opened this week on the westbury campus?

Just curious, what is the grading system at NYCOM? Also, in general what are the hours during the first year?
Thanks,
Suzette

honors/pass/fail

hours vary with labs and such. i would guess 8-3ish lecture, and maybe 8-5ish lab, i think fridays end early.. i dont know for sure and i am probably quite wrong. but i do know that on lab days, half has lecture in the morning and the other half is in lab, and then they switch for afternoon.

happy st. patrick's day!! im going to get drunk at the parade :D

The grading system is Honors, pass/fail. The hours from what I hear is from 8-4pm. But I think people who are in there currently can answer that more honestly.

Hello! I just got waitlisted...and am really hoping to join this thread eventually as an acceptee! Does anyone have any information on the waitlist process at NYCOM? I was thinking about sending a LOI but don't know who to address it too... also, the dr. i work for knows the dean there, and if a call would help, maybe he could do that for me (although i think he wants me to attend the other school I am accepted to).

Any advice would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey I was wondering whehter some of you guys picked NYCOM over other schools and if so why? Im just trying to make a final decision as well.

The reason I picked NYCOM is because I lived in NYC all my life and I want to stay around here. Another reason is that NYCOM has great clinicals 3 and 4th year. But for everyone the reasons may differ.

I was accepted to NYCOM :clap: and I'm definitely going!
If anyone know any good places to get cheap apts let me know please.

"yea as a nycom student i am not going to say that we are the best school.. "

Some of you are unbelievable. Stop complaining and be glad that you're in medical school on your way to do what you have worked so hard to do do. So you guys don't have a state of the art gym, or the pool tables have too much lint...it's only for two years that you to be at the school anyways, so get over it.

hey all. i'll be attending nycom next year (unless my state school comes through). i'm really looking forward to being in the nyc area.
now for my question. did any of you fill out the financial aid paperwork? how did you chose a lender? did you speak to anybody at the financial aid office? any help would be geat. congrats for everyone.

Bump

And to let you guys know, I decided not to go to NYCOM. Nothing to do with the school itself, I eventually realized that I'm not a Long Island type of person. I prefer living in "small-town" type areas, don't like big cities at all, and don't like highway driving, so the lifestyle aspect and 3rd/4th years would have been hell for me. Not good. Also, the school that'll I'll most likely end up at is much closer to my parents home, and although I don't particularly want to live with them, I'd prefer to be close enough that I can go home a couple of weekends a month.

Hope this opened up a spot for a fellow SDNer. Good luck to everyone who goes there, I'm sure you'll enjoy it more than I would have. :)

Hey..I just found this site but...
Interview 12/10
Accepted (don't remember when)
See you all in the Fall!!!

Hi, I just received my Acceptance Letter today and I will be there in the fall.

Anybody know where we can get access to the Web board in order to search for apartments

they will send you an access id and password eventually. I just received mine via e-mail the other day, but other people on here have said that you can also call the school and access. I guess you can Contact Elizabeth Doran at 516-686-3794 or [email protected]. Call her and tell her you submitted your deposits and she will create your account then email you the links to NYCOM's sites.

What in the world happened to this thread, people?

Have we all gone NUMB after getting in?

Isn't life still ongoing and passing before our eyes?

Yeah...that's right... "them people leave town an'a neva kom bak. tha worl' mus'b flat!" I know that's what you're thinking... get in, and then don't use the SDN to your advantage. :laugh:

I hope everyone's enjoying their NYCOM experience. I'm absolutely loving the fact that we're gonna get a laptop configfest going on tomorrow after biochem! For some reason, my wireless card's not synching...yadda yadda.

I'm also wowed by being able to see everything that was taped.

Please, someone in NYCOM 2008 reply and humor me or something.

Let's revive this battleaxe! :D