SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

NYCOM Geese Story

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by euhsa, Apr 4, 2001.

1. euhsa

euhsa Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jan 21, 2000
    somehere near NYC
    As many previous post have indicated in the past, both here and the nycommunity webbboard. There were a pair of male and female geese that nested on a ledge between NYCOM I and NYCOM III. Unfortunately, their natural instinct has neglected to inform them that their nest should be away from an area of high traffic. So, whenever NYCOM students and faculty would walk by the ledge, the male geese would try to scare off these "intruders" to protect the eggs. And now, the female is all alone; the male has abandoned her with the eggs. When I last walked past the ledge, the female appeared very frightened.

Now, there is a story to explain this situation. There were a group of students that were fed up with the male goose and started to hiss back at it. Eventually, the male was frightened and flew away. Consequently, the female is all alone. What are your feelings? Does any NYCOM student want to validate or dispute this story? What's your spin Liquid? (I can't wait to hear his response to this.)

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Liquid_Tension

Liquid_Tension Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 4, 2000
    New York
    It is about time the NYCOM students started fighting back!! For too long, I have watched the timid students run away from the geese, and I have heard all of the cheesy flea-bags hollering and screaming about how we need to protect the geese, save the geese, respect the geese........well, I say, the HELL WITH THE GEESE. These nasty bastards seem to think that they can take over MY school, and MY campus, and MY territory. I don't think so! If the ugly bastards are in my way, I attack. And if they even dare to hiss at me, I chase them, grab them by their thin and disgusting neck, and forcefully wrip out their pink little tongue. I am glad that the male goose abandoned the female. I would have abandoned that female too considering how stupid she is......buidling a nest in the middle of the bloody NYCOM campus!!!! Gosh, how stupid can a goose be? Well, it is nice to hear that finally, some students are gathering their testicles, flexing their buttocks, and fighting back against the plague of the geese.
    -your most firmly planted Liquid

4. DrWBD

DrWBD Formerly 'wanna_be_do' Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

May 2, 1999
    Long Island, NY USA
    The male goose has not abandoned the female. It just likes to wander around and eat the grass far away from the nest sometimes, but it never goes too far.

It takes a lot more than a bunch of dissatisfied NYCOM students to frighten these geese. I almost ran over a gaggle of them when they were just sitting in the road in front of school one day...my loud POS car and the horn weren't even enough to get them to move.

5. Liquid_Tension

Liquid_Tension Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 4, 2000
    New York

Hey Wanna be........you mean to tell me that you had several geese in your sights, and you did not step heavily down on the gas peddle??? How could you pass up such a ripe opportunity?!?! Your capriciousness and wishy-washy attitude disgusts me, and I think you should give yourself a good kick in the ass for soiling your opportunity.
    -your most geese hitting and running Liquid

6. DrWBD

DrWBD Formerly 'wanna_be_do' Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

May 2, 1999
    Long Island, NY USA
    I'm pretty sure that an impact between one of the NYCOM geese and my car would be disastrous for the front end of my car, parts of which are being held together with "duck" tape (pun not intended [​IMG]).

[This message has been edited by wanna_be_do (edited April 05, 2001).]

7. --- true geese, especially canadian, they are quite annoying. I agree with Liquid Tension, the heck with them. The middle of the NYCOM campus may not be a suitable location for the nest and the future generations of the geese. The geese should be scared away only to prevent the inevitable. (a crazed med student)
    -"Your most volatile liquid"

------------------
    "If we were supposed to talk more than we listen, we would have been given one ear and two mouths"
    -Mark Twain

9. ------------------
    "If we were supposed to talk more than we listen, we would have been given one ear and two mouths"
    -Mark Twain