NYCOM hopeful

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monkap

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
NCOM is my first choice. For those of you who have been accepted, can you please share the average gpa/mcat. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I recently interviewed at NYCOM. I think that the average MCAT is about 24 and GPA is about a 3.2. I liked NYCOM a lot. Seems like they are improving a lot of facilities and have a good faculty dedicated to the students. Have you applied already?

Hello, Monkap and Jessica. I was also recently invited for an interview at NYCOM (on January 4th). I'm still extremely impressed by the school's reputation of educating highly trained and effective doctors for practice in the tri-state area as well as the benefits afforded by the NYCOMEC affiliations but some of the facilities at NYCOM fell short of my expectations during my visit there (hopefully there are plans to renovate the student lounge--I think the students observing the rigorous curriculum at NYCOM deserve to study in a comfortable environment). Yes, I did notice the recently constructed NYCOM 3 building. I'd relish at the opportunity to attend there.
smile.gif
I agree with the average MCAT and GPA for accepted applicants of 24 and 3.2 respectively. During my visit I learned that the NYCOM Admissions Committee intends to offer acceptances to about 50% of those applicants that are interviewed during this application year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, the published stats for acceptees are something like: 3.4 GPA and 25 MCAT for the 1998 entering class.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!! I HOPE YOU DREAMS OF BECOMING A DOCTOR COMES TRUE!!! BEST OF LUCK
smile.gif

Rob
WesternU/COMP CLass of 2002

Hi Jessica,

I plan to apply next year. After doing some research I think they have excellent affiliations.( They are also a 10 minute drive from my home!)good luck, hope you get in!

Thank you, Monkap. Good luck to you too. Just be patient. The process is long. I've been waiting for four months since most of my secondaries were in. Just be persistent.