SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

NYCOM hopeful

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Monkap, Jan 16, 2000.

1. Monkap

Monkap Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 11, 1999
    NCOM is my first choice. For those of you who have been accepted, can you please share the average gpa/mcat. thanks

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Jessica

Jessica Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Baltimore
    I recently interviewed at NYCOM. I think that the average MCAT is about 24 and GPA is about a 3.2. I liked NYCOM a lot. Seems like they are improving a lot of facilities and have a good faculty dedicated to the students. Have you applied already?

4. Hello, Monkap and Jessica. I was also recently invited for an interview at NYCOM (on January 4th). I'm still extremely impressed by the school's reputation of educating highly trained and effective doctors for practice in the tri-state area as well as the benefits afforded by the NYCOMEC affiliations but some of the facilities at NYCOM fell short of my expectations during my visit there (hopefully there are plans to renovate the student lounge--I think the students observing the rigorous curriculum at NYCOM deserve to study in a comfortable environment). Yes, I did notice the recently constructed NYCOM 3 building. I'd relish at the opportunity to attend there. [​IMG] I agree with the average MCAT and GPA for accepted applicants of 24 and 3.2 respectively. During my visit I learned that the NYCOM Admissions Committee intends to offer acceptances to about 50% of those applicants that are interviewed during this application year.

5. Test Boy

Test Boy Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 30, 1999
    Actually, the published stats for acceptees are something like: 3.4 GPA and 25 MCAT for the 1998 entering class.

6. Future DOc

Future DOc Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 30, 1999
    upland,CA,USA
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!! I HOPE YOU DREAMS OF BECOMING A DOCTOR COMES TRUE!!! BEST OF LUCK [​IMG]

Rob
    WesternU/COMP CLass of 2002

7. Monkap

Monkap Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 11, 1999
    Hi Jessica,

I plan to apply next year. After doing some research I think they have excellent affiliations.( They are also a 10 minute drive from my home!)good luck, hope you get in!

8. Jessica

Jessica Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Baltimore
    Thank you, Monkap. Good luck to you too. Just be patient. The process is long. I've been waiting for four months since most of my secondaries were in. Just be persistent.