1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Nycom Housing

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by FriendlyDoc, Mar 15, 2004.

1. FriendlyDoc

FriendlyDoc Junior Member

Hi are you NYCOMERS,

I will be attending NYCOM for the fall of 2004 and would like to know how you guys obtained housing? Is there a list that the school gives out before you enter in the fall or did you guys have to hire a broker to look for a place to stay in Long Island?

any replies welcomed!!!

FriendlyDoc:laugh:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 1max2nv

1max2nv Registered ABUSER
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    irght not its a bit too early to hire someone to look for housing best bet is to wait till the semester is nearly over..that way some students will b moving out during that time and u can pik up something right at that time..also call up nyit there is a lady whos responsibile i believe for housing/etc

4. YAS

YAS

Medical Student
    Hi Guys. One of my room mates is going to do a rotation in chicago for the month of june so we have a GREAT room available in HICKSVILLE (awsone location...15 min from NYCOM and 5 min from LIE, plainveiw hospital and NUMC) for rent for the month of June. Here is a brief description:
    It is a HUGE room in a house in Hicksville that is shared with 3 graduating NYCOM students and a former NYCOM student (currently a resident).
    the house is fully equipped with Cable, wireless Internet, washer/dryer, dishwasher, full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, a large living space and backyard. I have a dresser, desk and TV that the occupant may borrow. Rent is usually $650/month (the room is the house's master bedroom so it is huge!)
    Also, even though I will be moving in july,the lease may be renewed with our landlord if anyone is interested! It is a great house that has been occupied by NYCOM students for the past 7 years. One of the best things about the location is that you won't have to move once you start rotations in your 3rd and 4th year because it is so close to the LIE (alot of times, ppl that live in glen cove have to move after second year because the LIE is not easily accessible from that location.)
    If interested, feel free to contact me at 714 588 5706
    Thanks,
    Yasmine

5. countthestars

countthestars Resident
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Join the class of 2013 facebook group. Many people are posting listings of houses around the NYCOM area

nm, just saw the date of the first post.

6. shenningdo

shenningdo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Modern updated 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath side-by-side duplex, overlooking Hempstead Harbor, deck, patio, yard, off-street parking for 3 cars, A/C, washer/dryer, dishwasher, mexican tile and hardwood flooring, small pets ok, near colleges & transportation, North Shore School District, August occupancy, $2,800.00 + utilities. Security deposit required.

Contact Alex at 516-676-0411
    Mention Shannon, NYCOM third-year

7. Doc23

One bedroom available in a 3 bedroom apartment for rent in Sea Cliff, 10 minutes from NYCOM. The two other rooms are occupied by 2nd year NYCOM students. Looking for females only!

Apartment Includes: full bath, specious living room, big kitchen, dining area with sliding doors to the deck.

Room comes with a garage.

Rent:$800
    Everything included in the rent – electricity, gas, cable and internet, central air conditioning and telephone!
    You can see pictures of the apartment at:
    http://adiros.tripod.com/

Ray Gilmore
    646-321-0237
    Valentina Gilmore
    917-517-4121
    [email protected]

#6 Doc23, May 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  8. L8TAppHope2GtIn

5+ Year Member