NYCOM interview and where I'll stay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poet

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have an interview next week at NYCOM.. i got my request over the phone.. so where will I be staying?? with a student on such short notice?? one more thing.. does anyone know the interview/acceptance correlation for NYCOM.. or KCOM for that matter ??

Members don't see this ad.

one more thing.. sorry people.. i was reading the older threads and it said NYCOM mostly takes in staters..Im not from NY.. so why are they bothering to even interview me if Im not going to get an acceptance?

hmmmm

While private, NYCOM does have a preference for in-state students. They don't, however, exclude all the very qualified out-of-staters from walking their campus.

Because you're interviewing relatively early for an out-of-stater (NYCOM doesn't usually interview out-of-state students until later in the application season), you are probably highly desired by the NYCOM AdCom. Way to go!

As for where you'll stay, I can't say for sure. When I interviewed there I came from home in the city, so it wasn't much of a trek. There are several hotels/motels in the area that are reasonably close, though I've heard the accomodations are horrible. Call NYCOM regarding lodging for the night before the interview. Staying with students may be a possibility, but bear in mind that NYCOM does not own any dormitories and so any students you might be staying with will be off-campus as well. It's probably better to stay in a hotel/motel anyway since if you stay in a student's room, you'll probably end up on the couch or the floor.

The accpetance:interview ratio for NYCOM is pretty high according to the AdCom people. They give all the students on interview day a quick debriefing, and I distinctly remember that the Director of Admissions said they tend to take a lot of the people they interview. That's good news for you!

Good luck on the interview. Remeber that they require you to fill out a secondary on interview day, so bring along a copy of your most up-to-date resume/CV. You will also be asked to write an essay on why you would like to attend NYCOM for med school.

Tim of New York City.