NYCOM Interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by wholly, Nov 22, 2002.

1. wholly

wholly Member

I have just received notice from NYCOM that I was selected for and interview. I heard that they interview many and that just by getting an interview from them is not that special. I am trying to gauge where I am there and I keep on thinking that I am in the same place. Any help would be great.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1

Resident [Any Field]
    your a step ahead of me if that makes you feel better.

4. H0mersimps0n

H0mersimps0n HMO CRUSHER

when did you have your primary in for them?

(god I love that question, its almost lost all meaning I've asked it so many times).:rolleyes:

5. oceandocDO

oceandocDO Senior Member

Actually, they accept a majority of those they interview, so hold onto that for confidence. They have about 15% more applications this year when compared to last year at this time, so you're up against more compeition, but like I said, at this time of the year, the class hasnt been filled yet, so your chances are better than if the interview was in February or March.

Good luck.

6. wholly

wholly Member

Well Homer....a few key strokes and a case of duff, i was finished in early october...hope that helps.

7. Lascivious

Lascivious Junior Member

An interview at NYCOM is definately at significant step. They don't interview a large number from their overall applicant pool. However, they accept around two-thirds of those they interview. You're ahead of the game, Good Luck.