NYCOM students please reply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poet

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there NYCOM students,

I have a question for you after reading the post by Matt. Is NYCOM really THAT bad where you feel like your in "hell"? Please tell me its NOT that bad. The person that gave us the tour said that by not attending classes, he had time to do a lot of other things. Is this true? Is it the exam every Monday that kills people?

When I was there everyone seemed really happy, but sometimes looks can be deceiving
smile.gif
Any advice is appreciated.

Sincerely,
poet

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a NYCOM first year. It is very tough, but, that's med school. Every school will be hard and a huge adjustment from undergrad. I like NYCOM. I have found it to be a friendly, non-competitive atmosphere, where most of us want to see each other succeed. The school also wants to give you every chance to succeed. Just know that it will be the hardest thing you ever do, resolve yourself that you're going to work hard and stick it out no matter what it takes. Of course, you'll always hear people from both sides. My thought is that those who are unhappy would most likely be unhappy wherever they were. It's not so much about "where" you are as it is about "who" you are. I'm happy with my choice to be a NYCOM student, and I believe my education here will serve me well.

Thanks for the reply TOGO, points well taken and hopefully my experience will be similar to yours
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Poet, congratulations on being accepted. I agree wholeheartedly with the last post. It is up to you to rise to the occassion. But, don't worry, it goes by very fast and the first 2 years of stress and anxiety are worth it. I have rotated with students from top medical schools and have had equal if not more knowledge. It's a wacky place, but, somehow, the formula works. After second year, it's a whole other life. So, hang in there and do your best. And, learn your OMM! Don't dismiss it, it comes in very handy on rotations. You'd be amazed at how often I use it (more than I ever thought I would). Don't be one of the folks who later regrets not paying attention during OMM lab! It's a good place, best of luck!

Poet,
Where did you find the posting from Matt?

nontradstudent,

The file Poet was talking about is located in the EVERYONE File under "medicine" by mwinter75. Happy reading
smile.gif

Rob
WesternU/COMP Class of 2002