nycoms MBA/DO program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

basha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was just wondering how the MBA/DO degree is helpful in the medical field. And also for those in the nycom mba/do program, is the MBA part easy to do while attedning medical school, meaning is it easy to pass. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I can speak to the DO/MBA experience, but I attend UHS-COM not NYCOM.

From the perspective of every practicing physician that I have talked to, it is definetely a good idea. The scope of medical care and the medical system is changing very rapidly. Any business background WILL help you to practice medicine as efficiently as possible. Moreover, if you have any interest in medical leadership or administrative positions/DME positions/Hospital CEO positions, this will help you. We are starting our 3rd semester of course work and I really enjoy it. It is a totally different experience than med school. Less factual and more discussion/theory based.

I say do it.

Also, I do not know if you are still in the process of applying, etc..., but the DO/MBA at UHS is a 4 year program. It is very intensive, and you do not get any vacation during your 4th year, but it is worth it (in my opinion).

Good luck,

Normalforce