NYCPM 2012 class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daryoush85

NYCPM 2012 class
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey is anyone going for the jan. class? also do a lot of ppl get scholarships?
btw i heard that parkchester is the place to be b/c it's a real apartment with cable tv/internet/phone/all utilities/furnished and the other place is just a dorm like a college dorm. I saw the place and it really looks crappy

Members don't see this ad.

i got the 16k scholarship but it seemed like they just gave it to me

Hey,

I'm starting this January as well. I think I'm going to try Draper out for a bit and possibly find a place in Manhattan with a few interested people. No lease is required for Draper so you can back out with no pain.

I've heard that Parkchester is in the middle of nowhere and the neighborhood is rather insipid.

Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to check out Draper when I was in town for my interview. I cannot find any photos anywhere or any relevant information pertaining to this residence. I'm guessing there is a reason for this! So what gave you the impression that Draper was crappy?

Members don't see this ad :)
in all honest it's jsut a tiny dorm like literally 10 ft by 5 ft and it has like no conveniences like tv etc..liek the place in parkchester yes the nieghborhood is crappy ill agreee to that..but the place is cheap b/c 3 bedroom has your own room, good apartment it's clean etc.., all the utilities paid for, they have everything furnished, and they give you cable tv, cable internet, and telephone..
Ill be honest like draper looked exactly like a college dorm and it's 820/month:eek: like what a rip off honestly
the only plus about draper is that it's in manhattan which is a nice neighborhood and it's about a 10 minute shorter subway ride...im not tryin to exaggerate but i went and saw both

3 bedroom with 3 ppl is 750, 2 bedroom for 2 ppl is 850 and the apartment is pretty decent size

i just hate like with a great passion college dorms..it's partly b/c i lived in one for like 3 years and im like about to be 23 and i can't take it being in that small of a room i need a place to go back and chill eat food..watch tv..etc..:)

i just hate like with a great passion college dorms..it's partly b/c i lived in one for like 3 years and im like about to be 23 and i can't take it being in that small of a room i need a place to go back and chill eat food..watch tv..etc..:)

Is it against the housing policy at Draper to buy a TV and order cable?

I will see u guys in Sept. Well I guess for the first year, you can live in parkchester or at draper. After that, you can always move out with one or two of your friends and get a house in other boroughs. Subway ride will be a little longer but you can definitely get a good deal with better neighborhood.

subway ride from parkchester to school is only 17 minutes. shuttle ride from draper to school is between 10-15 minutes depending on the traffic.

yeah im in parkchester too for Jan. I hope to see everyone there :)

I will be living in Parkchester and start this Jan too!

hey I am already in Parkchester to be honest..it's not bad like they give you the telephone, tv, cable tv, and the internet. The only that worries me is b/c im from tx so I am not used to the whole jay-z ghetto environment in the bronx,harlem :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey I am already in Parkchester to be honest..it's not bad like they give you the telephone, tv, cable tv, and the internet. The only that worries me is b/c im from tx so I am not used to the whole jay-z ghetto environment in the bronx,harlem :scared:

LMAO!!! Last I checked Jay-Z was worth over 200 million. If that's ghetto, then sign me up!

What part of TX are you from anyway?

dude forget bout it u just ruined the topic..it's just just that the neighborhood is kind of dangerous like American gangster was literally made in the bronx..so it just begs one to think that there has to be that kind of drug war/mugging crime going on

You have got to be kidding me daryoush! :eek: I've stayed over in the nycpm-parkchester apartments before and it is a pretty nice area. Even walking alone very late at night with no problems. There are FAR worse parts of the city to be in man. How can you possibly say it is anything like American Gangster? You seem a little too sheltered or something.

dude forget bout it u just ruined the topic..it's just just that the neighborhood is kind of dangerous like American gangster was literally made in the bronx..so it just begs one to think that there has to be that kind of drug war/mugging crime going on

wow.... i'm guessing Texans don't like "(fill in the blank)"....

wow.... i'm guessing Texans don't like "(fill in the blank)"....
I think the other poster may be right on with the "sheltered" comment. I've been to NY a handful of times, and enjoy it there. Texans aren't so bad :hardy:

just wanted to see who else was heading to nycpm this fall...there are only like 3 or 4 on the "deposit sent to.." thread...anyone else? there has got to be more than 3 :)

also, does anyone know if a facebook page was made? i tried looking, but alas, no luck.

am i going crazy or is there not a thread for the '12 class @ nycpm? i found one in the "podiatry students" forum, but not "pre-pod."

my bad if there is one, and i just cant find it.

but, there are only like 3 people on the "deposit sent to.." thread, and i thought that there has to be more than that heading to NY in the fall :)

also, does anyone know if a facebook page was made? i tried to find one, but alas, no luck.

There is a facebook group for the Sept class. It only has few members though. If you still can't find it, pm me.

True I do not see that much response from Sept 21012 class either.

can you guys post the link for both the september and january facebook class! Thanks guys