NYCPM (Fall) Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Leira23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just made the decision to enroll at NYCPM for the fall and I couldn't be more excited!
Curious as to who all will be my future classmates! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! See you in NYC in the fall! :highfive: Make sure you join the Facebook group!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hello! Nice! I am starting in the fall as well! Very excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any of yall planning on living on campus or off (if you've decided yet)?

I'm not sure...part of me thinks it would be a good idea to live on campus because of the adjustment to grad school/ease of living right near campus but then another part of me hates that it costs so much to live in that part of Manhattan when I could get cheaper/close to the same prices for a 1 bedroom or studio in a better part of Manhattan that would only be like a 15 min commute by subway. My student interviewer was telling me how he thinks the student housing is great for first years to make friends and adjust to studying but he also said you could be fine living off campus and a lot of students do.

I will definitely live outside of campus because I will live with my partner. I was thinking upper East or Upper West side.Last time I came to NY, I looked area next to the school, and it is much cheaper, but area is not nice. Lots of public housing, not very clean.
I also heard that some people prefer to live outside of school to get head away from studying, rest the mind.

I think I'm going to most likely live on campus, for the first year at least, to be closer to school and have other students around to get to know everyone better and stuff like that. Once I'm more aclimated with the school and area I think I'll transition to off campus for the 2nd year. Either way I'm so excited to be moving to NYC!

Just put in my deposit for class of 2019!! I'm trying to live in the student housing my first year too. It'll be a nice transition from non-academia to intense classes if you're suffering with others right? Where are all of you guys from?

Congrats, see you in the fall. I'll be living in student housing as well my 1st year, and I'm from South TX

Can't wait to meet everyone in August! After going back and forth I finally put my deposit in for NYCPM and I am stoked with my decision. I plan on living in the student housing too and I'm from Texas too, Houston, to be exact :)

SN: Does anyone know what immunizations we need to get before we start school in August?

Last edited:
Just got an interview invite! How was the interview?

Can't wait to meet everyone in August! After going back and forth I finally put my deposit in for NYCPM and I am stoked with my decision. I plan on living in the student housing too and I'm from Texas too, Houston, to be exact :)

SN: Does anyone know what immunizations we need to get before we start school in August?
Immunization Requirements you will get with a package that will require you to sign up in Certified Profile. They will do Background check and you will need to load all immunizations. In the student book you can find the required immunizations if you are interested.

I got in and will most likely be going there (I'm also on the wait-list at DMU and AZPOD). I can't wait to start. I'm planning on living on campus because it's close, cheaper than a lot of the other options, and will be filled with potential study partners. I'm originally from Michigan.

Members don't see this ad :)

That's so cool, I'm from San Antonio!

Any students or future students in NYC May 24-26? I will be up there for my interview and would love to hang out with you guys before the big day! LMK.

I will be attending NYCPM starting this fall. If anyone is looking for a roommate, please let me know. I am okay with co-ed (lived with girls during my 4 years of university).

I know it sounds like a good idea to live in 'student housing' your first year if you are not from here (which was my situation as well... thus i ended up at the Heritage[since abandoned by nycpm]), but you will not enjoy the bridges. Put on your big boy/girl pants/panties, join the facebook groups, find roommates, and get a real people apartment. Especially if you are from an area of open space, privacy, and/or common courtesy.

That is why, if possible, I want to find some housemates so we can live off residence. Know anyone?

Last edited:
I'm currently looking for female roommates, who are okay with living with a small female (potty trained) shih tzu to get a place with near school, PM me

Does anybody know what the attire is supposed to be for the welcome cruise?

Anyone looking for a roommate? They put me in one of the more expensive rooms for student housing and it's breaking my budget for the year.

Hi! Does anyone know when we're going to be getting a supply list for the upcoming semester? Thanks!

Are utilities included in rent for student housing? I thought I saw that it was but can't seem to find it in writing in any of the paperwork.

Are utilities included in rent for student housing? I thought I saw that it was but can't seem to find it in writing in any of the paperwork.

It should be. That is how they advertised it.

Very excited to begin this new journey already!

Can I get away with not buying books? The students I talked to at my Des Moines interview suggested I not get any because all the information is available in other places. Is this doable at NYCPM or do they require you purchase all the books?

Im a current student at NYCPM so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. As for book, most of us upperclassman will pass along online dropboxes with nearly everything you need (textbooks, notes, test study guides).

The school is pretty slow with getting out your schedule and/or supply list. Our schedule was released 5 days before our second year classes started it was pretty ridiculous loll.