Nov 18, 2013
Hey guys, I have my interview this Thursday at NYCPM. Anyone who has had their interview yet this cycle or previous cycles, could you tell me what to expect and what some of the questions were? Thanks.

SLCpod

Staff member
7+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2011
The West
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey guys, I have my interview this Thursday at NYCPM. Anyone who has had their interview yet this cycle or previous cycles, could you tell me what to expect and what some of the questions were? Thanks.
At the top of the page go to the "Interview Feedback" link. You'll find some information there. You should fill out interview feedback after your interview so that others might benefit from your opinion/experience.

OP
S
Nov 18, 2013
Are the interviews stressful or more laid back? What should I know about the residency shortage?

Mar 26, 2015
Status
Pre-Podiatry
I interviewed in April and overall, it was pretty laid back. I had two interviews - one with a student, and another with faculty members. The student interview was really chill - she just asked me where I'm from, where I went to college, what my interests were, etc. On the other hand, the faculty interview was a bit more intense. They asked me particular things from my personal statement and application. I was asked about my academic ability, leadership roles, shadowing experiences etc. Basically, if you're genuine and you know what you talked about in your application, you should be fine. Be able to elaborate on every aspect of your application because they might just ask about it.

Jun 12, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
I interviewed there in 2013 so things might change. There was this written essay thing (like your favorite book, who inspires you the most, BS like that not hard) That year though they seemed to want to rattle your cage. They were digging into me as I was a non traditional student (been working in a career for 6 years before starting pod school) My roommate they accused him of cheating on the MCAT. We both got in. If they start doing that just keep your compsure and realize they are just screwing with you