NYCPM or Temple with my stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poddoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a 2.62 cumulative gpa being a Biological Sciences major with a science gpa of around the same. I took the DAT and scored a 17/17/13 for my AA/TS/PAT. I took the DAT with the intention of applying to dental school initially but after shadowing a dentist decided it wasnt for me and would like to pursue Podiatry instead. I was wondering if i had a chance of getting in at NYCPM or Temple with my horrible stats if i applied for the Fall term. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated. thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I have a 2.62 cumulative gpa being a Biological Sciences major with a science gpa of around the same. I took the DAT and scored a 17/17/13 for my AA/TS/PAT. I took the DAT with the intention of applying to dental school initially but after shadowing a dentist decided it wasnt for me and would like to pursue Podiatry instead. I was wondering if i had a chance of getting in at NYCPM or Temple with my horrible stats if i applied for the Fall term. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated. thank you

Your best bet is to call the shools. NYC and Temple have larger classes, so you may have a shot. Remember, not only your gpa is important but also other factors (mcat, extracurricular, leadership etc.)

Again, your best bet is CALL EACH SCHOOL. they should be able to give you an idea.

Your best bet is to call the shools. NYC and Temple have larger classes, so you may have a shot. Remember, not only your gpa is important but also other factors (mcat, extracurricular, leadership etc.)

Again, your best bet is CALL EACH SCHOOL. they should be able to give you an idea.

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably not Temple. NYCPM no problem just apply now.

I'm sorry to say the your GPA is low and your DAT score is also low. I would suggest taking time, study for (self or Kaplan) and take the MCAT. Your stats do not speak well of you academic abilities.

thanks for the feedback guys. Although I think my chances are slim to none, i think i am going to apply anyway.
I am also planning on retaking the DAT around the first week of April. If i do that, however can i apply now and send in my new DAT scores later? or should i wait until i retake the DAT to send in my application? thanks

I will say from my experience you will definately get in NY pod school. If everything fails, Barry takes anybody.

thanks songaila. lets hope so

no problem, you should shadow some pods though. Getting in is no problem. You should also apply to Temple. They still have a lot of seats left. I cancel my interview with them though.

Poddoc-

Curious to know if you ended up applying and if so, what the outcome was...

late in the game but for what its worth, I would say just apply. If you dont get in now, you can always apply again and hopefully improve your application between now and then. Im a first year at NYCPM, I dont know about Son's comments, so I wouldnt get too hyped with those statements. From what I have seen the school in some respects is getting tougher with admissions. I would heed more with some of the other advice you received...as an applicant they look at the whole package, so just apply it wont hurt you at all. If you dont get in, you can always call and ask to see how you can improve your chances for acceptance if you choose to apply again in the future. best of luck.