NYEEI residents go on to what fellowships...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plasticbuddy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am guessing they can get pretty much anything they want; I just want to make sure there is a lot of support for fellowship match.

Many other programs seem to match a lot in plastics & retina also; I was quite amazed looking through the downstate fellowship list.

Anyone else know specific retina/plastic examples from NYEEI.

thx.

ONE OTHER quick question: Do only the 1st yrs handle saturday clinic or does this go on for all 3 yrs?

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone also comment on the UMDNJ fellowship track?

I am guessing they can get pretty much anything they want; I just want to make sure there is a lot of support for fellowship match.

Many other programs seem to match a lot in plastics & retina also; I was quite amazed looking through the downstate fellowship list.

Anyone else know specific retina/plastic examples from NYEEI.

thx.

ONE OTHER quick question: Do only the 1st yrs handle saturday clinic or does this go on for all 3 yrs?

From the list they gave us at the interview, NYEEI residents match at the top programs in cornea (Wills, MEEI, JSEI, BPEI, Michigan), but they seem to send few people into retina fellowships (other than maybe 1 going to UCSD each year). When I asked about this, they said it was because not that many people were interested in retina.

In terms of call, first years work every Saturday for the first 6 months, then every other Saturday for the next 18 months. In other words, first and second years run Saturday clinic.