1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

NYHA classification systems and others for Step 1?

Discussion in 'Step I' started by Jack P, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Jack P

Jack P Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi all,

Was wondering if classification systems like the NYHA functional classification system or Framingham Heart Failure classification have shown up on board exams? Here's hoping not.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. trudub

trudub Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I didn't have those but did have a question about staging a tumor. I was asked to stage an ovarian or uterine tumor, I can't remember which.

4. Jack P

Jack P Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Okay...I can imagine the expectation of FAB staging or Dukes staging, etc but I came across a question in Kaplan about the CDC "staging" criteria for HIV (A1, B3, C2) etc which brought up the awful fear of all the different clinical staging criteria that exist (Framingham, NYHA, Canadian, Kilips, Gold COPD, British thoracic, etc etc etc) when I have enough trouble remembering the difference between M3 or M6 leukemias. Ah well...it's just another exam...

5. Chokchan

Attending Physician
    Hello... I have a question about NYHA heart failure classification. If someone has orthopnea and should use 3 pillows if he wants to sleep but just have slight limitation of physical activity, which functional class is it? thank you.