NYIT OT acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jxk4013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,

I was wondering if anyone got accepted to NYIT OT program for 2012??
I was accepted last week and have no idea how many people are accepted into the program or what its like..

and couldn't find any recent threads about NYIT OT program either.
please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there, I didn't see this post until now, but I got accepted at NYIT as well. I can't believe the program's starting next week! I'm really excited. I know a couple of people who have gone to the school and they really liked it and said it was a good experience.

Can you guys let me know what your stats were? I just got an interview with NYIT today and I would just like to get an idea on what the average acceptance stats are. Please, any feedback on the interview process..etc. I'm coming from Michigan so I want to make sure I at least have some kind of chance prior to coming all the way out to NY.
Thank you!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi otlady! I was accepted to NYIT back in December, interview was in the beginning of November. When did you apply?

Hi otlady! I was accepted to NYIT back in December, interview was in the beginning of November. When did you apply?
I applied in December but haven't heard anything from them yet. Do you mind sharing your stats and will you be going there?

Well I am a bit of an untraditional applicant. 29 yrs old worked for 7 years in an entirely different career. Undergrad GPA was 3.0, prerequisite GPA 3.85. About 175 OT specific observation hours and another 100 hours volunteering in various settings. No gre since the schools I applied to didn't require it. Oh and this is my second year applying to schools, I was waitlisted at all but NYU and Downstate (straight up rejected but no surprise :) ). And I do believe I will be attending!
Congratulation! Good luck with the upcoming school year

I also applied here back in October though but haven't heard a thing....no correspondence from the school at all.

I also applied here back in October though but haven't heard a thing....no correspondence from the school at all.
I would follow up with the department. They are really responsive!!

Hello KJ7984!

I just got accepted into NYIT OT program !

Do you know anything about the area in where the program is? I haven't been to NY in years and I have never been to Old Westbury.

Thanks!

Hey newOTstud, congrats on your acceptance! I actually live about 15 minutes from Old Westbury so I am very familiar with the area :) Old Westbury is really nice, like REALLY nice. Here is a link to some pics of the campus. You can see it looks really lush...that is how Old Westbury actually is in person. https://plus.google.com/102725352203503457848/photos?gl=US&hl=en-US

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the surrounding areas either. Have you considered living arrangements? Since I live so close I didn't even look into housing or anything. Do they have on-campus housing for grad students?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey newOTstud, congrats on your acceptance! I actually live about 15 minutes from Old Westbury so I am very familiar with the area :) Old Westbury is really nice, like REALLY nice. Here is a link to some pics of the campus. You can see it looks really lush...that is how Old Westbury actually is in person. https://plus.google.com/102725352203503457848/photos?gl=US&hl=en-US

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the surrounding areas either. Have you considered living arrangements? Since I live so close I didn't even look into housing or anything. Do they have on-campus housing for grad students?
I'm new to this site and I thought it would have notified me if there was a reply. So I apologize for my late reply or I would have replied sooner. -_-

I got information from the acceptance packet about options living in the dorm. I rather live off campus, but I have no clue where to start or if anyone would want to room with me. The more pressing concern of mine is financial aid. I keep calling the financial aid office and they keep brushing me off when I ask for my package to be completed. Have you had better luck?

I also called the financial aid office several times and was told that they bundle the packages in big groups especially for the OT students. They said it would be around this time that they would be sending the financial aid info so maybe they are waiting on finalizing the class before doing so. I was told that I would need to submit a seasonal loan form to cover the cost of tuition etc for the summer session so you should access this form on the website and email/fax it over to the department. If not you will be stuck paying for the summer courses out of pocket which is thousands of dollars

Where is everyone that is attending NYIT this summer/fall living? I am coming from out of state and am having trouble finding a reasonable place to live.

Hi Everyone! I was accepted in November and just went to see the campus this weekend. Did anyone hear when the orientation is?

Hi can anyone here comment on how good NYIT's program is? I am planning to apply, but I just looked at the NBCOT pass rates...and although they have been increasing, it's kinda alarming how low it is. I'm just concerned about that. Any thoughts?

good luck to everyone..

Last edited:
Hi , and Congratulations
I'm planning in the future(hopefully next year to apply to NYIT too.) what is your advice? beside having good grades to appy..

Last edited:
For those of you who are currently in the NYIT OT program, how is it? Do y'all like it? I have been accepted there and I will most likely be attending.

Is anyone currently on the wait list? Curious to see if anyone else is in a similar position!

Hi all,

I'm not sure if anyone still uses this thread. But, does anyone know if NYIT takes electronic recommendation letters on OTCAS ?

Hi there, I didn't see this post until now, but I got accepted at NYIT as well. I can't believe the program's starting next week! I'm really excited. I know a couple of people who have gone to the school and they really liked it and said it was a good experience.
Hey! How do you like NYIT OT program? Is the workload difficult or is it manageable?

Reactions: 1 user