NYITCOM Old Westbury vs. VCOM Auburn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fuso1996

Reaction score
Hi guys, I’ve just gotten off the waitlist at NYITCOM, and I’m having some trouble deciding between the two. Some things about me to consider are that I live in the New York area, and that my current medical interest lies in pm and r/sports medicine. I’ve know that VCOM is newer and has odd breaks, but has access to the auburn campus and research. I also have also heard that although NYITCOM is older, it has higher attrition rates and a much larger class. Anything I should know about either school before committing?

Members don't see this ad.

The VCOM sports med club at Auburn apparently helps alongside team doctors on AU's sports teams. They also have their own sports med fellowship at Auburn. They have a 3rd year research rotation required for graduation. So each student I spoke with at least had some research going on, whether with VCOM faculty or at AU.

NYIT and VCOM (Virginia campus) are some of the top DO programs so congrats! May I ask what your MCAT score was? I am highly interested in NYIT - old westbury. I have a friend who went to NYIT who I possibly could get you in contact with.

My mcat was a 510, and I just chose to go to VCOM(Auburn)! I actually toured nyitcom and not to discourage you, but I spoke to a few students there who weren’t too impressed with their own program. Pm me if you want more info.

Reactions: 1 user