NYLF on Medicine Love!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSTP?

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

I attend NYLF on Medicine in Washington DC at Georgeotown the summer of 2002. It will always be one of my favorite educational experiences. The people I met were awesome, and the staff really did a great job. I definitly recommend it to all high schoolers interested in medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Berkley in 01....I think

NYLF Emory Med '05 :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I don't recommend it. Horrible speakers, horrible clinical rotations, and horrible dorms.

Waste of my parents' money. Oh well. :mad:

Oh, and Georgia sucks. :smuggrin: I think it would have been a lot better had I gone somewhere like Boston or Los Angeles or somewhere else... :(

LOL....man I remember going there. It was actually alot of fun! I went in '02...I think. It was the D.C. conference, but we stayed at U of MD.

Come to think of it, they called is National Student Leadership Conference on Medicine.....I'm guessing its the same thing.

J

Chicago in 2002!

Emory (Atlanta) 2002

Berkley 02, its worth the money in my opinion to actually see pre-college whether you want to persue a pre-med ciriculum, as well as being interesting. Also, I got to see the real patch adams make an ass of himself

yeah your posts in the Patch Adams thread inspired this thread. it's pretty amazing the caliber of speakers they procured for us high school peeps.

DC/Georgetown 2001 HOLLA!
I met some awesome people there and always wondered what happened to them...

I felt it was worth it now...although at the time it was more of a resume padder.......I had lost interest in medicine just before heading off...helped rekindle it a bit but then lost it again before coming back.....it was good though. I learned interesting stuff and actually had far less exposure to docs and more to the public health side.

MossPoh said:
I felt it was worth it now...although at the time it was more of a resume padder.......I had lost interest in medicine just before heading off...helped rekindle it a bit but then lost it again before coming back.....it was good though. I learned interesting stuff and actually had far less exposure to docs and more to the public health side.
Yeah. During that I actually decided I WASN'T going to pursue medicine. What got me back on track was doing some actual shadowing of doctors and finding out how much I like the job first hand.

Members don't see this ad :)
grandslam521 said:
I attend NYLF on Medicine in Washington DC at Georgeotown the summer of 2002. It will always be one of my favorite educational experiences. The people I met were awesome, and the staff really did a great job. I definitly recommend it to all high schoolers interested in medicine.

I was there also! Though I believe there were like three sessions that summer. I was in the Kountz group and was there in July on Georgetown's campus. Good times all around.

Chicago 02 Cori group!

yep. im restarting this thread.

anyone else?

DC/Georgetown 2001 HOLLA!
I met some awesome people there and always wondered what happened to them...

me too! dc/georgetown 2001! damn, that was a good time. i wonder if we met, cavaliermd..

UCLA '04. my group was called "spock" we were frikin awesome

oof, all of a sudden I feel old :rolleyes:
At the ripe old age of 25... haha
Ummm Boston 98!

All I remember is the guy I had a crush on because I thought his accent was "wicked" hot

Boston in 2000
My group went to MGH and saw an angioplasty and to Harvard Med School where we were able to hold kidney and lung sections in the anatomy lab. That trip easily sold me on Boston.

i got nominated for it in highschool, but didnt go too much $$$ for the fam, hey do u think it'd be worth mentioning that i was nominated for it on my medschool app later on?

probably not... I didn't even mention that I went, being it was in high school and all...

Emory 2001 Fleming Group!!! Whoohoo!

BTW, did anyone go to NYLF on Medicine Abroad? I really wanted to go to China!!! But alas, I knew I was going to be completely broke because of this med school application cycle. :oops:

Figured I would get some Houston love on the board...

Houston 2001 (i think?)

Don't know anything about NYLF, but I like MILFs.

boston 02, pasteur

and, wait for it....

faculty advisor, DC 07, Cori.

trust me, it wasnt as fun on the other side :laugh: you think the speakers are boring, wait until you've heard the same one three sessions running.