NYLF

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Charlie, Jan 6, 1999.

1. Charlie

Charlie Senior Member

I was just accepted to the National Youth Leadership Forum on Medicine in Boston and was wondering if anyone had firsthand knowledge about the forum. Does anyone know if this would help me get into a BS/DO or BS/MD program? Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Amy

Amy Animal Lover
    Physician

Attending Physician
    I am also looking at 7 year bs/md and bs/do programs. What schools are you thinking of applying to?

4. Charlie

Charlie Senior Member

I'll probably apply to NSUCOM(NSU has 7 and 8 yr programs). NYIT has a BS/DO program but I didn't like it. U of Southern Cal has an 8yr. Siena College has an 8yr w/Albany Med. Ren. Polytechnic and Union both have 7yr programs w/ Albany Med as well. Go to www.aamc.org/stuapps/appinfo/ba-md.htm for a complete listing of colleges and med schools offering B/MD programs. Hope this helps and I hope we both get into a couple of B/DOand B/MD programs.

[This message has been edited by Charlie (edited 01-09-99).]

5. Amy

Amy Animal Lover
    Physician

Attending Physician
    Thanks for the info. Utica college and Suny at New Paltz also have 7 year DO programs. Why didn't you like NYIT?

6. Charlie

Charlie Senior Member

I haven't had a chance to visit the school or anything, but from the lit I received, the under grad didn't appeal to me for some reason or another.