NYMC 2ndary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lseo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received my 2ndary for NYMC. I am confused about #3 and #4.
What if I don't have any relatives affiliated with the school.
Am I reading it correctly?

Secondary Application please make sure you have the following
information available:

1. MasterCard, Visa or American Express information
2. Name and titles of individuals who are sending Letters of Evaluation
3. Names and Year of Graduation for Alumni relatives
4. Names, academic titles, department and hospital affiliation for
faculty or employee relatives

Members don't see this ad.

lseo said:
I just received my 2ndary for NYMC. I am confused about #3 and #4.
What if I don't have any relatives affiliated with the school.
Am I reading it correctly?

Secondary Application please make sure you have the following
information available:

1. MasterCard, Visa or American Express information
2. Name and titles of individuals who are sending Letters of Evaluation
3. Names and Year of Graduation for Alumni relatives
4. Names, academic titles, department and hospital affiliation for
faculty or employee relatives

you leave it blank and press "continue" :)

My problem with NYMC is that their form requires you to enter a non-science letter when their "application instructions" say nothing about it. They simply say you need 3 letters and at least 2 science... by that description you would logically assume 3 science letters alone is ok... bleh. Anyway, I'm emailing them to find out what to do.

Thanks

Why can't we just send them the money without having to go through so much hoops!

Members don't see this ad :)
lseo said:
Thanks

Why can't we just send them the money without having to go through so much hoops!

So I have a committee letter and then I have an MD and my research professor who are going to write letters. Where do I put the info for the MD and the other Prof.?

It seems like they made it extremely confusing on what letters they actually want.

lseo said:
Thanks

So I have a committee letter and then I have an MD and my research professor who are going to write letters. Where do I put the info for the MD and the other Prof.?

It seems like they made it extremely confusing on what letters they actually want.

goinverted said:

Yeah no $hit.....I also have a letter from a nurse and my research prof. So I just put my research prof. in the optional slot and then they said to include any additional letters. So i am going to send my nurse letter in the packet as well. I think the whole thing is that you should have the letters of rec you write down in the supplementary sent to them in the packet, then you application would be complete. You can then include any additional letters you have.
They make this already ridiculous process even more stupid....how can seemingly smart individuals be this dumb?

wait... i just submitted - i put that i had a comittee letter and then didnt fill out anything else about letters. was that wrong?

Embily123 said:
wait... i just submitted - i put that i had a comittee letter and then didnt fill out anything else about letters. was that wrong?

I think you're ok but it's really confusing. My committee sends their letter and the other letters in a packet. It says in the instructions:

"Additional evaluations do not need to be listed unless you need to verify it has been received when you check your application status online."

So if it comes in a packet with the committee letter, I think you're good to go. Someone correct me if I'm wrong....

Embily123 said:

I believe what you did was correct. I was planning on doing the same thing. Because on the application, it says list committee letter OR the individual letter writers. someone correct me if im wrong

The instructions said that if you have a committee letter you don't need to fill out the names of people writing recs. Just leave those areas blank.

imsotired said:
I think you're ok but it's really confusing. My committee sends their letter and the other letters in a packet. It says in the instructions:

"Additional evaluations do not need to be listed unless you need to verify it has been received when you check your application status online."

So if it comes in a packet with the committee letter, I think you're good to go. Someone correct me if I'm wrong....

this is how i understood it also....in fact, not to be an a$$, but i didn't even notice anything ambiguous or confusing about it...maybe i just simplified it because i wanted it to be simple, though....

i didn't think it was confusing either. i just got worried after hearing people being confused that i missed something. phew.