NYMC Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crzynikki

A beginning without end..
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just checked my e-mail and I received an acceptance notification from NYMC!!!

Anybody else get good news from NYMC today?

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

crzynikki said:

Good luck everyone!

when was your interview?

congrats btw

I interviewed back on Oct. 4.

Thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad :)
crzynikki said:
I interviewed back on Oct. 4.

Thank you very much!

nice, i interviewed the 6th of october

crzynikki said:

Good luck everyone!

I got an acceptance too today, interviewed on 10/24

got in today also, interviewed 10/19

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! I guess it is safe to assume that if we interviewed early and didn't get this email, we're either waitlisted or rejected?

I interviewed 10/24 too... still nothing :(

interviewed 10/27

CalBoi82 said:

check your other email account. it comes to a different one than the interview invite did.

CalBoi82 said:

I interviewed 10/26 and nothing. Its the first day of acceptances people. If you havent heard yet, I wouldn't panic (trust me I am usually the first one to do so). They interview 1300 people which is alot and accept half of those so we have a 50/50 chance of getting in. Go flip a coin, call it in the air and if you are right you got in, if not you are rejected.....

Nope... nada, did the people accepted check their online update page? Mine has no decision on it yet...

I interviewed on the 4th of Oct. and I didn't get anything. Does this mean i'm rejected? My status page has nothing.

MDCali said:
I interviewed on the 4th of Oct. and I didn't get anything. Does this mean i'm rejected? My status page has nothing.

I heard from current sutdents that the status page isnt updated very efficiently. Sometimes people were accpeted and it never even changed at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed at the end of October. Got one today. Congrats to everyone who got one, good luck to everyone who didn't.

Acceptances come via e-mail and not snail mail riight.. eek I interviewed 10/3 and have not heard a thing

BOBODR said:
I interviewed 10/26 and nothing. Its the first day of acceptances people. If you havent heard yet, I wouldn't panic (trust me I am usually the first one to do so). They interview 1300 people which is alot and accept half of those so we have a 50/50 chance of getting in. Go flip a coin, call it in the air and if you are right you got in, if not you are rejected.....

What on earth are you talking about? They accept 650 people for a 186 classroom? This is insane it will bite them in the a**. I think the number is double the class size (372).

BasesofHumanity said:
What on earth are you talking about? They accept 650 people for a 186 classroom? This is insane it will bite them in the a**. I think the number is double the class size (372).

wrong... according to usnews they accepted 600. Some of those come off the waitlist.

BasesofHumanity said:

According to US News, last year they interviewed 1,310, accepted 682 and 185 enrolled.

CalBoi82 said:
According to US News, last year they interviewed 1,310, accepted 682 and 185 enrolled.

thank you for the exact numbers, I am at work and dont have them but I knew it was something like that.

greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! I interviewed on 10/23 and this is one of my top choices...and I thought my interview went REALLY well...

Well, lets hope a few more of us get emails tomorrow...

My email sometimes is crazy slow so maybe that is it ***shrugs***

NP, wow, I'm feeling sad right now... another day without an acceptance in hand... sigh. I liked the school, too

Might I add that everyone that interviewed at Drexel before and after me heard months before me...and then I got accepted...so don't worry.

Although, I thought fate would have it that I would no longer have to do this waiting thing again after the two month EXTRA wait I had with Drexel...

At least it gives me something to complain about post-graduation

nada here yet

bgreet said:
nada here yet

8 people who interviewed in October havent heard while 5 have been acceptecd. Pretty close to their 50 % acceptance rate. Wonder if waitlists will be by email or snail. Also for those accepted have your status pages changed?

I interviewed at the beginning of November, so I guess I'll have to wait another month.

i'm adding myself to the pile. i interviewed 10/25 and was expecting i'd get in. i didn't get an email from them today and my status page also doesn't have anything next "decision". oh well. :(

wendywellesley said:
i'm adding myself to the pile. i interviewed 10/25 and was expecting i'd get in. i didn't get an email from them today and my status page also doesn't have anything next "decision". oh well. :(

I feel your pain...

wendywellesley said:

Don't feel bad, I was there that same day (it was raining, I mean pouring) and still didn't hear anything from them either.

:luck:

Bleh, I haven't received anything today. I interviewed in early-to-mid october, had a good interview, and have stats above their averages for both mcat and gpa... Why can't some new york school accept me?!@#% :mad: :scared: :(

For those of you who got an acceptance, did your "check status" page change to say accepted?

Royita said:
For those of you who got an acceptance, did your "check status" page change to say accepted?

nothing changed on my status page

what is the purpose of a status page if they don't use it to inform you of your status?

thats it! I am calling tomorrow morning hahaha

I heard they aren't the friendliest admissions office if you call..but whatever haha

benfolds21 said:
thats it! I am calling tomorrow morning hahaha

I heard they aren't the friendliest admissions office if you call..but whatever haha

Alright! Make sure to let us all know what they say :)

interviewed on 10/16 accepted 12/19 via email.

so i called...and yet they told me to check online....i tried to explain the situation...but they said they couldn't tell me anything...

i am hypothesizing maybe they only did SOME acceptance emails yesterday and more today? my last begins with a T...thats my theory...i dont know

Is this only the October interviewees? I interviewed in early November, but an acceptance before the holidays sure would have been nice.

I just talked to a guy in the admissions office who told me that all decisions were being snailmailed... he said they were going out soon and I should get something here either by the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

Was he lying to me? I thought people were getting emails? argh!

... :confused:

Goose-d said:
I just talked to a guy in the admissions office who told me that all decisions were being snailmailed... he said they were going out soon and I should get something here either by the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

Was he lying to me? I thought people were getting emails? argh!

... :confused:

Yeah they are emails for acceptances.

Did you give your name and ask about you or just in general? My guess is if we interviewed in October and didnt get an email then we will get snailmail waitlist or rejection.

Also when did you interview?

BOBODR said:
Yeah they are emails for acceptances.

Did you give your name and ask about you or just in general? My guess is if we interviewed in October and didnt get an email then we will get snailmail waitlist or rejection.

Also when did you interview?

Yep. I gave him my name.

Interviewed in September, so I guess I'm waiting for a waitlist letter.

+pity+

so yeah...waitlist or rejection for me too i guess...

this sucks!

Man, I am so nervous........ I WANT AN ACCEPTANCE DARNIT!!!

CalBoi82 said:

me too, but its not looking good. I wonder how many they waitlist?

BOBODR said:
me too, but its not looking good. I wonder how many they waitlist?

6 acceptances/ 12 unknowns

would seem about right for an acceptance rate?

33% initial, an overall of 52 % according to USNEWS but some may come off the waitlist.

BOBODR said:
6 acceptances/ 12 unknowns

would seem about right for an acceptance rate?

33% initial, an overall of 52 % according to USNEWS but some may come off the waitlist.

I think schools usually only accept up to their class size and then move people off the waitlist as people drop out...

CalBoi82 said:
I think schools usually only accept up to their class size and then move people off the waitlist as people drop out...
Nope. Not true. NYMC accepted about 600 people last year. Even more competitive/attractive schools like Stanford and Harvard have to accept more than their class size in order to ensure their class will get filled.