DrNickRiviera

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2002
Visit site
Status
Last week I received an interview notification e-mail from NYMC and I?m not too familiar with the whole New York area. I was wondering if anyone knows which airport is closest to the school and I guess overall the best to fly to when I?m going for my interview. I?m coming from LA if that makes any difference, which it doesn?t. Thanks a bunch for anyone?s help in advance.:p

Sweet Tea

Girl Next Door
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2002
Travelling via handbasket
Status
Attending Physician
no advice to give you, but congrats on the interview and welcome to SDN!! :clap: :clap:

OP
D

DrNickRiviera

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2002
Visit site
Status
Thanks Sweet Tea,

I've been a long time watcher of these forums, first time poster. You guys are all pretty kewl in my book. :)

About the Ads

mpp

SDN Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2001
Portland, OR
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The best airport for NYMC is Westchester Country Airport in White Plains (Airport Code is HPN). It is, by far, the closest. You could also fly to one of the major New York airports (La Guardia, JFK, or Newark) and take a shuttle bus to Valhalla...They are all about an hour away depending on traffic.

pocwana

MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 11, 2002
L.A.
www-scf.usc.edu
Status
Medical Student
last week i flew into EWR (Newark), took the Olympia Express charter bus ( http://www.olympiabus.com/ ) to Grand Central Terminal ($12), then took the Harlem train to White Plains ($5). My student host picked me up from the train station. Altogether, the bus and train took about 1.5 hours. good luck to you!

Random Access

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
Status
For JFK and LGA, there are various shuttles and buses and such to get to Grand Central Terminal, or you could take a taxi. From GCT, take the Harlem line as mentioned to Valhalla. I'm guessing it'll be much cheaper to fly into JFK or LGA (and also EWR)...

About the Ads