NYMC Airport Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DrNickRiviera, Oct 15, 2002.

1. DrNickRiviera

DrNickRiviera Junior Member

Last week I received an interview notification e-mail from NYMC and I?m not too familiar with the whole New York area. I was wondering if anyone knows which airport is closest to the school and I guess overall the best to fly to when I?m going for my interview. I?m coming from LA if that makes any difference, which it doesn?t. Thanks a bunch for anyone?s help in advance.:p

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door
    Physician

Attending Physician
    no advice to give you, but congrats on the interview and welcome to SDN!! :clap: :clap:

4. DrNickRiviera

DrNickRiviera Junior Member

Thanks Sweet Tea,

I've been a long time watcher of these forums, first time poster. You guys are all pretty kewl in my book. :)

5. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    The best airport for NYMC is Westchester Country Airport in White Plains (Airport Code is HPN). It is, by far, the closest. You could also fly to one of the major New York airports (La Guardia, JFK, or Newark) and take a shuttle bus to Valhalla...They are all about an hour away depending on traffic.

6. pocwana

pocwana MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008

Medical Student
    last week i flew into EWR (Newark), took the Olympia Express charter bus ( http://www.olympiabus.com/ ) to Grand Central Terminal ($12), then took the Harlem train to White Plains ($5). My student host picked me up from the train station. Altogether, the bus and train took about 1.5 hours. good luck to you!

7. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member

For JFK and LGA, there are various shuttles and buses and such to get to Grand Central Terminal, or you could take a taxi. From GCT, take the Harlem line as mentioned to Valhalla. I'm guessing it'll be much cheaper to fly into JFK or LGA (and also EWR)...