NYMC anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pewl

The Dude Abides
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys, I interviewed at NYMC at the very beginning of November. I know that they said to wait 10-12 weeks, but I was wondering if any of you guys have heard back from them yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewd in September and still no word. I don't think that any decisions have been sent yet, but I would imagine that it will be any day now...

NYMC doesn't send out its first decisions untill mid december, so we should be hearing from them pretty soon. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I was there the middle of this week and they said that they were sending out the first letters fridayish (today). good luck to everyone who is waiting.

cbt81 said:
I was there the middle of this week and they said that they were sending out the first letters fridayish (today). good luck to everyone who is waiting.

Wow, a female ice hockey player! That's awesome (and scary) at the same time! When I played ice hockey in elementary school there was this brother and sister that was on our team, and they were the two best players on the team too =P

i interviewed about 8 weeks ago.

has anyone been checking the online status thing? I wonder if they update that prior to getting the letter

benfolds21 said:

has anyone been checking the online status thing? I wonder if they update that prior to getting the letter

Heh your quote is from a great song. U2 rules =P

benfolds21 said:

they don't really update your status prior to getting accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. They're not kidding when they say 10-12 weeks. I know the waiting sucks. But good luck

Freakingzooming said:
they don't really update your status prior to getting accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. They're not kidding when they say 10-12 weeks. I know the waiting blows. But good luck

Do they not make a decision for that long? Or do they make the decision right after you interview or soon after and just not tell you until then?Also what kind of envelopes do accpetances come in? Thick , thin....etc?

during a previous app cycle i interviewed at nymc in late october and i received my decision in early january. i think it took about 9 or 10 weeks to get my decision. good luck, guys. :thumbup:

BOBODR said:
Do they not make a decision for that long? Or do they make the decision right after you interview or soon after and just not tell you until then?Also what kind of envelopes do accpetances come in? Thick , thin....etc?

I dont know how the process of accepting/waitlisting post interview works but I do know for sure that it does take that long and longer. I think a lot of why it takes so long is cuz they interview a lot of people each week. I interviewed here maybe Dec. 20th and didn't get in till March 15th. so yeah I was nearing the 14th week mark and more, if you include the holidays.

Acceptances come in through snail mail. Thick envelopes. They do email acceptances too but I think that's towards later on in the season. Good luck

I have not heard a thing... just waiting and waiting and waiting I am the Energizer Bunny of Waiting

I interviewed on Dec.1 and they said that they hadn't sent any decisions yet. I'm sure you will hear soon! Good luck :)

Overlap12 said:
I interviewed on Dec.1 and they said that they hadn't sent any decisions yet. I'm sure you will hear soon! Good luck :)

Honestly, I might pick SLU over NYMC.

Pewl said:
Honestly, I might pick SLU over NYMC.

I had to decide between the two schools myself last year and I ended up on deciding on going to nymc. I felt the location and students really fitted what i was looking for. Do a search on the comparison threads. I tihnk posted my reasons there.