NYMC April interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcatslave

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

interviewed apr 15th and they told us we wouldnt hear till june so....

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed April 7th, I just heard someone say they interviewed April 9th and got in. I am worried

Interviewed April 3rd and haven't heard a peep yet.

I think I heard early because I told them I already got into Buffalo and they wanted to let me know before the May 15th date? Not sure. But good luck!

I interviewed on 4/28. I just got accepted yesterday 5/12.

I emailed an application update and a thank you letter.

I emailed an application update and a thank you letter.

congrats!

now I'm wondering if maybe *my* update got lost in the mail along the way...maybe I should call...heh

Members don't see this ad :)
MCAT:33O
Science GPA: 3.3
Overall: 3.6
Major GPA: 4.0
Lots of volunteer and research experience. Work at Mount Sinai. Thesis Research, Highest Honors Degree at NYU. A few academic awards.

I sent Thank You letters to both of my interviewers a week after, keep in close contact with my tour guide often, and sent of an update letter and Thank you to admissions about three weeks after.

Good luck everyone! Don't give up hope at all just b/c two April people have got in. I heard that NYMC accepts a lot more people in June and even a handful in July. There are 200 spots!

Best of Luck:luck::luck::luck:!

It'd also be silly to think that that yesterday is the only day this week that they're sending out acceptances. From past posts, it looks like this occurs throughout the week, maybe with the exception of Friday, so stay optimistic everyone! I sure am trying to :thumbup: (interviewed 4/17)

It'd also be silly to think that that yesterday is the only day this week that they're sending out acceptances. From past posts, it looks like this occurs throughout the week, maybe with the exception of Friday, so stay optimistic everyone! I sure am trying to :thumbup: (interviewed 4/17)

That's the proper spirit. :thumbup:

4/15 interview, accepted today (5/14, email, 8am).

well that makes 2 acceptances so far out of the april 15th group.. i interviewed that day too.,. uhoh for me haha

well that makes 2 acceptances so far out of the april 15th group.. i interviewed that day too.,. uhoh for me haha

well if it makes you feel any better, I interviewed 4/8 so maybe they've already skipped over me :) Though, I think a number of people are withdrawing so, keep your hopes up!

well if it makes you feel any better, I interviewed 4/8 so maybe they've already skipped over me :) Though, I think a number of people are withdrawing so, keep your hopes up!

Im an optimist, things will work out in the end if you stay positive.

Im an optimist, things will work out in the end if you stay positive.

hey pokerdoc, i interviewed with you (think i sat next to you during lunch) and haven't heard anything either...here's to staying positive! :luck:

Do they send out rejections at all post-interview? If so, when is the latest those get sent out?

Hello everyone,

I interviewed at NYMC on April 28 and I just got my acceptance this morning :D

I am considering another school, so I will make up my mind quickly for the sake of the waitlist peoples. Good luck!

Hi guys,

does anyone know what the rules are for sending acceptances after May 15th? I should clarify, by acceptances, I mean for those of us who interviewed and have not yet received an answer (not those of you accepted off the waitlist). Ie can NYMC still be sending out immediate acceptances after May 15th? Just trying to figure out if I don't get an email today if that means not so great news:mad:

good question, I think they should still be able to send out immediate acceptances.

Hi guys,

does anyone know what the rules are for sending acceptances after May 15th? I should clarify, by acceptances, I mean for those of us who interviewed and have not yet received an answer (not those of you accepted off the waitlist). Ie can NYMC still be sending out immediate acceptances after May 15th? Just trying to figure out if I don't get an email today if that means not so great news:mad:

good question, I think they should still be able to send out immediate acceptances.

I called today and they haven't made a decision on me yet. Said I should "hear very soon." I interviewed on 4/17. Better than bad news, I suppose. I know someone who interviewed the same day as me and got accepted.

Often, it's an issue of the interviewer being available to present to the committee.

How's everyone else doing?

pins and needles :scared:

were they pretty friendly when you called, by the way?

pins and needles :scared:

were they pretty friendly when you called, by the way?

He was friendly, but talked a mile a minute. I don't remember him being friendly a few months ago though. But he was certainly helpful.

So I take it you haven't heard back, either?

Nope not yet. I'm resisting calling until the end of May at least, but I'm not sure if I'll hold out :)

Nope not yet. I'm resisting calling until the end of May at least, but I'm not sure if I'll hold out :)

Why are you worried about calling? All he does is punch in your AAMC ID and tell you what the status is.

heh, it's a matter of principle for me I guess. They told me 8-10 weeks so I want to try to be less neurotic and call once it's been 8 weeks. It's only been 6 :)

heh, it's a matter of principle for me I guess. They told me 8-10 weeks so I want to try to be less neurotic and call once it's been 8 weeks. It's only been 6 :)

I gave them May 15 plus a few days. I suppose we all have our limits.

Btw, are you from Michigan? I'm guessing from you name. I just graduated from UofM.

I just got waitlisted today :/, interviewed april 28th. anyone know how the waitlist is looking this year?