NYMC December Interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Waiting112

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who interviewed at NYMC in December received a decision yet? According to previous years' threads, we should be receiving a decision sometimes this week. The last batch of acceptances came out on 01/28 and seemed to include people who interviewed in November. We should be in the next batch. Has anyone heard anything?

Members don't see this ad.

I too interviewed in December. Someone on another thread said the adcom meets on Wednesdays so maybe we will hear something tomorrow or Friday but I am not holding my breath. This wait is killing me.

I interviewed early Dec., and I remember my interviewer saying that it could take around 3 months for admissions to get back to you (and from what I gather from past applicants, they have a reputation for being even slower). If March comes around and you still haven't heard anything, you might want to give admissions a call.

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed mid december and am still waiting too so its been like 9 weeks...from what ive seen on SDN, email is a good thing, snail mail means a waitlist or a rejection

i interviewed mid december and am still waiting too so its been like 9 weeks...from what ive seen on SDN, email is a good thing, snail mail means a waitlist or a rejection

I interviewed in mid December too but it's been 10 weeks for me. At the interview, they told us that it would be between 10 and 12 weeks but they were shooting for 10. From what I've seen on here, they haven't handed out any acceptances in February yet so hopefully, we will all hear good news from them soon.

Did anyone hear anything today?

Just wanted to pass on the word. I finally heard back good news from NYMC... interviewed 12/5 and heard back today via email. There's hope! Good luck guys.

Anyone else?

I interviewed late in the December. Not sure if I will be part of this crop or not.

I also received an email acceptance today (I interviewed Dec. 4). Good luck to everyone else.

Congrats to those who have heard! Did anyone who interviewed in mid December hear anything?

For those who head, does it say anything on your status page?

For those who head, does it say anything on your status page?
I was accepted in December and for all I know my status page still hasn't changed. They only really use it for the secondary and to schedule your interview. They accept you via email, and then official letter a week later, and they waitlist/reject by mail.

Nope. Status page is same as it's been since December.

Members don't see this ad :)
mmm... so do you think they go over all the applicants thta interview on the same day? I Dec 5th and still nothing... is this a bad sign?

mmm... so do you think they go over all the applicants thta interview on the same day? I Dec 5th and still nothing... is this a bad sign?

Mmm, yeah sorry to tell you, but they send them out in batches. If you interviewed at the same time as people that got accepted, expect a letter in the mail at the end of the week. It could be a waitlist, though! Good luck!

Iammeeee, have you tried calling the office? I interviewed in mid December and when I called them, they told me that I was still under review and that no decision has been made regarding my application. Perhaps it is the same for you?

I received an email yesterday saying I was accepted, and that they had sent the actual letter in the mail yesterday as well. I interviewed Dec 5th. Hope this helps

Anyone here interview on Dec. 4th?

I received an email yesterday saying I was accepted, and that they had sent the actual letter in the mail yesterday as well. I interviewed Dec 5th. Hope this helps

Thanks for letting us know. Has anyone who interviewed later than 12/5 hear anything? Has anyone tried calling?

i interviewed 12/19 and havent heard yet...i wonder if those of us who havent heard should be getting a waitlist/rejection letter or if they just haven't gotten to mid-late december yet...anyone from 12/19 hear yet?

i interviewed 12/19 and havent heard yet...i wonder if those of us who havent heard should be getting a waitlist/rejection letter or if they just haven't gotten to mid-late december yet...anyone from 12/19 hear yet?

Have you tried calling them? I called today and was told that I was still under review. I interviewed the week before you.

well on the website it says it takes 8-12 weeks and its been 10 so i didn't want to bother them yet...i just want to know if anyone who interviewed 12/19 has heard anything

Interviewd 12/11. Accepted today 2/28. Took them a little over 11 weeks.

any news from anyone who has interviewed in mid december...still haven't heard from my 12/19 interview

I interviewed a day or two after you ... No word yet either.

I interviewed on the 12th and I'm also still waiting.

As a way to commiserate, want to discuss our thoughts about the school? I was favorably impressed.

Pros:
Great training opportunities (from Harlem to Greenwich)
Solid board prep
Two hospitals on-site
Nontrad friendly (I am one)
Great match lists (especially with New England programs)

Cons:
Living in dorms/expensive area
Curriculum seems a little too traditional

Anyone heard anything recently?

I interviewed 12/13, and got a rejection letter yesterday. However, today I apparently got the waitlist postcard as well. I'm kinda confused why this would happen- anybody have experience getting both of these? Anyway, both were sent to my parent's house, so I haven't gotten a chance to actually read them- maybe they misinterpreted the "rejection" letter.

got the waitlist letter in the mail yesterday