NYMC Feb 4......anyone hear yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

altaskier

Altaholics Anonymous 92'
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed on Feb 4 or so at NYMC. Has anyone who interviewed then heard anything?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey altaskier,

I was there on Jan 24th and I haven't heard anything yet either! Someone interviewed in Dec and just got in..so they must be really slow.

BTW..are you considering NYMC over MCW and UVM? Just curious..I have been to both NYMC and MCW and would love to go MCW.

Anyway...good luck!

I got a better feeling at MCW. So I'd probably end up picking MCW over NYMC.

Members don't see this ad :)
How was the interview?

did they ask the red flag question? If so, what are they looking for? (I mean, they are interviewing already, how bad can it be to be considered a red flag?)

thanks all

Yeh my faculty interviewer did ask me that red flag question and I proceeded to tell him about a class I sliped up in and then he remarked, "Oh, that's nothing. Don't worry about that". So I guess they are looking for major stuff. My interview lasted about 15 minutes or so, due to reasons to long to explain. But a normal interview is around 30 mintues or so. My faculty interviewer was really nice and really didn't ask me anything out of the ordinary. Since the interview is BLIND, they ask you a lot about the stuff that you have done.

Good Luck

I interviewed around Jan 24th and recieved my acceptance yesterday. I loved the school, but the cost is too expensive, so I will be letting this one go (I hope that one of you will get my spot.

Altaskier-I take it you like skiing at Alta, I happen to coach racing full time at Snowbird 6 days a week. I like your name, did you apply to Utah? It may be a bad idea if you like skiing so much :)

Hey TSpoon.....you got a kick ass job! I assume you get a free season pass right? Have you gotten around to skiing Mineral Basin? How is it? I've heard good things about it. Actually, I did some volunteer work at the IHC clinic down at the Bird a few months ago. You should go check it out. Lots of sports related injuries there (anterior shoulder dislocation, ACL's ,etc ). I did apply to U of U, but got rejected because I'm not a state resident. Plus like you said, if I went to the U, I'd spend more time at the University of Alta then I would at the medical school. Imagine being in school when Alta gets a huge dump! NO WAY! It's addictive! I've tried to ski Alta as much as I can this year, seeing that it is my year off. I've been fortunate to really hit it right on every time. One time, I was interlodged and we got around 50 inches over 2 days (end of Jan). Another time, I was also interlodged and we got some other sick amount of snow (early march). Couple of other times it was just right on. Basically, I've been fortunate enough to ski lots of deep days. I've been looking at the weather and have been thinking about heading out there for one last trip next week (they say it is suppose to snow early next week). But we'll see how ambitious I am. Anyway, do you race yourself?

Yep, I raced internationally for several years (a main interview topic) then quit to go to school. Anyway, I'll PM you.

As for anyone else waiting for NYMC I'll be sending in my decline tomorrow, so best of luck and I hope that one of you gets some good news soon!