NYMC financial aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bunface

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about the financial aid process at NYMC. Has any of you who have been accepted gotten an email from them to fill out Step 1 of their financial aid process, choose a lender, and print out and sign promissory notes from the chosen lender? By doing all these, I am not saying that I will definitely go there right? In other words, I did accept their offer but I am waiting for another school's decision and I just want to make sure this isn't binding me to NYMC in case the other school comes through....I'm pretty sure it isn't but wanted to be safe and check. Thanks in advance, everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question about the financial aid process at NYMC. Has any of you who have been accepted gotten an email from them to fill out Step 1 of their financial aid process, choose a lender, and print out and sign promissory notes from the chosen lender? By doing all these, I am not saying that I will definitely go there right? In other words, I did accept their offer but I am waiting for another school's decision and I just want to make sure this isn't binding me to NYMC in case the other school comes through....I'm pretty sure it isn't but wanted to be safe and check. Thanks in advance, everyone! :)

It was my understanding that the lender you choose follows you to whatever school you choose to attend. Filling out fin. aid to one school is not binding. Schools cannot legally do that until May 15th, unless you applied Early Decision - and even this does not necessarily apply to wait list spots you are still waiting on after May 15th.

Following the steps for Financial aid at any school does not bind you in any way to that school. It is in your best interest to complete the fin aid documentation so hat if you do end up deciding to go to the school, you have secured your package. If you do not do the steps required ASAP, your package may be changed for the worse. The only think you will have to do if you decide not to go to the school, but have gone through all the steps to accept the package, is that you will need to call the school's bursar and the lender's (the gov) to tell them you withdraw from the loans to that school. Most steps are the same for all schools so it is great to get it over with so it can just tranfer to the school you finally choose.

Hope that helps.