NYMC Hotels?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

altaskier

Altaholics Anonymous 92'
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I've been lookin for an hour and I can't find the page on their website that gives you all the hotel info. If someone has it, could you please post it? or tell me some cheap hotel to stay at near NYMC?

Thanks
Altaskier

Members don't see this ad.

BTW...... I tried lookin on interviewfeedback and that didn't help.

Go to the <a href="http://www.nymc.edu" target="_blank">www.nymc.edu</a> website. Then medical school, adnissions, then travel info for students, there will be hotels pdf file. Also I could send it to you if you post your email. I stayed at the Hampton Inn Tarrytown/White
Plains in elmsford. It was the cheapest one listed, but still pretty expensive. I would have stayed with a student but it was very short notice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Found it.....

Thanks a lot
:)

Try going on priceline.com for the hotels. I had to stay 2 days for my interview at NYMC and the day fell right around when students returned from winter break so staying with a host was not going to work out. If I was to stay at the "cheapest" hotel, it would have been around $200.

Using priceline.com, I stayed at Tarrytown Hilton for $40 a night (I think reg price is around $129?? a night). Lovely place to stay, had top notch room service and restaurant. Though it is a bit farther than other hotels, taxi ride was about $15, NOT $25-30 as listed on the hotel info sheet provided by NYMC. If you can get that hotel via priceline.com, you'll save so much money. If you need any help, just LMK!

There's a nice Ramada near the school campus. Its a 5 min drive to the admissions office.

If you have a chance to stay with a student, do it. About 90% of the first years (and I think second years also) live in the dorms right next to where their classes are, so if you don't like them, you might be in trouble. I thought they were fine and of course staying with a host allows you to find out more about the school, save $, see what the students are like, etc.

Thanks everyone!

They have a very efficient and well run student host program. I stayed with a host and would recommend it.