SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

NYMC Interview 4/24, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ReTry, Mar 6, 2007.

1. ReTry

ReTry 2+ Year Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Hi Everyone,

I'm somewhat new to SDN, so I'm not sure if there's already a post on this somewhere else. I just got notified of a potential interview at NYMC, but it's scheduled on 4/24. Does this mean that they're interviewing for the wait-list and is there a decent chance that with a good interview I could get in?

Stats: 3.7 cum/3.67 science/34, decent recs., research, volunteering, shadowing. blah blah blah.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. narc

narc 2+ Year Member

May 26, 2006
    Go if you want a chance of getting in. Seems pretty simple. If you would rather go to hell than NYMC then pass it up.

4. Tatowedges

Tatowedges clap your hands say yeah 2+ Year Member

May 30, 2006
    Go if you would rather go to NYMC over another school to which you've been accepted. Not going = no chance.

5. tdd340

tdd340 Assistant to the sensei 10+ Year Member

Jun 25, 2005
    If you have an acceptance only go if you want to go there more than your acceptance. If you don't... get your butt to NY!

6. ReTry

ReTry 2+ Year Member

Feb 1, 2007
    lol...ok...seems pretty apparent what i should be doing. thanks for the reality check.

7. MadHopsMD

MadHopsMD 10+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2006
    North
    if you dont have an acceptance somewhere...this is a pretty stupid post :laugh: