NYMC interview dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orthodc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious what dates (and how many choices) you were offered when scheduling an interview with NYMC. I checked today and found only one choice...Feb 28th. Maybe I should have checked as soon as I was invited?

Members don't see this ad.

So my file was complete (according to the status page) at nymc on aug 31. I haven't since then heard a peep out of them. Should I just assume a rejection then? :( How did you hear about your interview...and how long after your file became complete? Thanks.

karat said:
So my file was complete (according to the status page) at nymc on aug 31. I haven't since then heard a peep out of them. Should I just assume a rejection then? :( How did you hear about your interview...and how long after your file became complete? Thanks.

I wouldn't assume a rejection until you receive one ;) I was complete on sept 14 and received an email for invite to interview on oct 13. Hang in there and good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
orthodc said:
I'm curious what dates (and how many choices) you were offered when scheduling an interview with NYMC. I checked today and found only one choice...Feb 28th. Maybe I should have checked as soon as I was invited?

i was invited early Sept. when i first checked, the dates were in late Oct. i put it off for a week, and when i checked again, the dates were mid Nov.
hope this helps

I received an interview invite on 10/24 and the earliest date available was 02/07. Hope this helps.

received an interview invite early nov. i checked and the only dates were in march. i checked again yesterday and there was only 1/31 and march open.

If you schedule one online for a late date (like feb/march or whatever), you can later call them and ask if there's been a cancellation. I know someone who was just invited this past mon and he got an interview dec 13. so spots do open up.

I got my invite in August and that same day all of the October seats were taken. I barely squeezed in before halloween.

You should really be quick to set up the earliest possible date. Now whenever I can confirm an interview, I do it within the hour of getting the email. Worry about scheduling details afterwards.

Stay with a host, they live 100 feet from the admissions office and the nearest hotel seems like 2 miles away.

Good Luck, NYMC is a cool place and the interview is laid back!

got my interview invite today 12.1...complete 11.7....8 days open btw 3.15 and 3.30. maybe they leave certain days open to people according to when they receive an invite..???