• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

NYMC interview dates

karat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2005
  1. Medical Student
    So my file was complete (according to the status page) at nymc on aug 31. I haven't since then heard a peep out of them. Should I just assume a rejection then? :( How did you hear about your interview...and how long after your file became complete? Thanks.

orthodc

10+ Year Member
    May 23, 2005
    San Francisco
    1. Pre-Medical
      karat said:
      So my file was complete (according to the status page) at nymc on aug 31. I haven't since then heard a peep out of them. Should I just assume a rejection then? :( How did you hear about your interview...and how long after your file became complete? Thanks.

I wouldn't assume a rejection until you receive one ;) I was complete on sept 14 and received an email for invite to interview on oct 13. Hang in there and good luck!

About the Ads

es19

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Jul 25, 2005
        orthodc said:
        I'm curious what dates (and how many choices) you were offered when scheduling an interview with NYMC. I checked today and found only one choice...Feb 28th. Maybe I should have checked as soon as I was invited?

i was invited early Sept. when i first checked, the dates were in late Oct. i put it off for a week, and when i checked again, the dates were mid Nov.
        hope this helps

lyn2006

10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Sep 1, 2005
        1. Attending Physician
          If you schedule one online for a late date (like feb/march or whatever), you can later call them and ask if there's been a cancellation. I know someone who was just invited this past mon and he got an interview dec 13. so spots do open up.

BerkeleyMD

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Oct 20, 2005
          1. Medical Student
            I got my invite in August and that same day all of the October seats were taken. I barely squeezed in before halloween.

You should really be quick to set up the earliest possible date. Now whenever I can confirm an interview, I do it within the hour of getting the email. Worry about scheduling details afterwards.

Stay with a host, they live 100 feet from the admissions office and the nearest hotel seems like 2 miles away.

Good Luck, NYMC is a cool place and the interview is laid back!

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.