nymc interview/status page

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lola, Nov 19, 2002.

1. lola

lola Bovine Member

ok... i was so ecstatic when i received the invite that i can't remember my phone conversation. i know i told them i want the december 2 date, but i can't actually remember tham asking for my name or aamc id or anything. aaaah!!!

they never sent me the confirmation e-mail, and all that it says on my status page is that an interview was requested. does the e-mail usually come soon after you schedule the interview? gosh, i sound so neurotic. but the thing is, i already arranged for my flight!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. X

X

when did you get the invite and when was your app complete? if you don't mind telling us.

CONGRATS ON THE INTERVIEW :D

X

4. lola

lola Bovine Member

invite 11/19.
    app complete according to the status page 11/5 (but really was complete in september except for august mcat -- there was a mixup in the office)

5. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus

Medical Student
    i got an confirmation email with the date and travel/student host info within 24 hours. if they dont email you by thursday or something, i'd say just call to be sure

breathe, lola, breathe :D

6. lola

lola Bovine Member

ha ha... i know, breathe.

the reason i'm so stressed is b/c of the plane ticket thing. the first time i called for available dates i distinctly recall the lady asking me for my aamc id. when i called to schedule the interview all i remember is him asking me where i was coming from and not my name or anything (and he was not the person i spoke to the first time).

anyway... will call tomorrow if i haven't heard anything.

7. Mutterkuchen

Mutterkuchen Senior Member

So the one day that I did not check my email 4x per day, I get a NYMC interview invite. I called today and the earliest was Feb. This stinks. It looks like if I had called yesterday, I would have interviewed in December.

8. lola

lola Bovine Member

i got the last december date --- which is why i had anxiety about it. i found out the dates, had to quick hang up and check expedia to see if i could get a cheap flight b/c one was right around thanksgiving. within that 5 minute period one of the december dates was taken so i took the other.
    they told me they only update their confirmations once/week...in case anyone was dying to know ;)