NYMC Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

singh0113

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice for a NYMC interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd brush up on current health policy issues, and know what you'd say for your red flag. The questions on interview feedback are a pretty good indicator. best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks

boyz of 4d said:
I'd brush up on current health policy issues, and know what you'd say for your red flag. The questions on interview feedback are a pretty good indicator. best of luck

I had an interview there a few weeks ago. It was very informal. I was asked 3 more difficult types of questions. One was concerned with the ethical issues surrounding drug use in pregnant, teenage mothers seeking an abortion. Second, I had a question on health care policy in the United States regarding the treatments of uninsured. And third, they asked me to explain any red flags in my application. Hope this helps. Don't worry it is pretty infromal.

its closed file so theres a good chance they might as for red flags. I personally think it's better to acknowledge you have weaknesses in your app than to say that you're perfect in every way. My interviewer didn't ask me anything tough other than that. O yea, if they ask for a reason y u wanna go to NYMC, say that you heard that their board scores are excellent. They were bragging about that the whole day.

I just had an interview at NYMC a few days ago. It was very informal and laid back. Honestly, their matchlist is only average but they did keep talking about how their board scores were higher than NYU's last year.

I wasn't asked any ethical questions at all. They do ask the "Red Flag" question. Basically, just address any weaknesses you know might be on your application, as the interview is closed file.

Good Luck

P.S. The anatomy lab is NOT that great. It's got high ceilings and some windows, that's all. Anyone who would choose a school just because of the architecture of their anatomy lab is a fool anyway =P