NYMC is driving me nuts.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

limbo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, so if there is anyone out there who HAS heard from NYMC recently regarding being contacted for an interview, please let me know. i emailed them last week and asked them if they were finsihed interviewing and they wrote back some nonsense about not being allowed to disclose individual information over email. told me to check my online status...which was last updated in october. i'm desperate, so please someone let me know. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

i am in the same boat limbo.... they refuse to respond to any of my emails, and what kills me is that i fit right into their demographic, while i have been interviewed at schools where i am below their averages and such. and i really like the school.... if anyone has heard anything recently, either interview or even pre-interview rejections, could you please add a quick post?? thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
to anyone who cares, i emailed nymc again (using a different email address cause i am the most paranoid chick around) and they said that yes, they are still inviting people to interview for the fall 2005 entering class. hope that puts some of you at ease. so, if anyone hears from them, do a girl a favor and drop a line to let us know.

thanks.
-limbo :)

limbo said:
to anyone who cares, i emailed nymc again (using a different email address cause i am the most paranoid chick around) and they said that yes, they are still inviting people to interview for the fall 2005 entering class. hope that puts some of you at ease. so, if anyone hears from them, do a girl a favor and drop a line to let us know.

thanks.
-limbo :)

I received an invite about 4 weeks ago for mid march. I am pretty confident I am not going to go. Hopefully, that will open another spot for you.

quiksilver3 said:
I received an invite about 4 weeks ago for mid march. I am pretty confident I am not going to go. Hopefully, that will open another spot for you.

thank you, silver thats really nice of you. was the invite sent via snail mail or email?

It came by e-mail; you schedule the date directly through the status page.

limbo said:
thank you, silver thats really nice of you. was the invite sent via snail mail or email?

I got an email last week for an interview, but I don't think I'll go. There were a lot of dates open for March, so I'm sure they're still sending more out.

They were still sending out invites last week. If you call them, they'll tell you if you have an interview (well, they told my friend), even if it doesn't say anything on your status page.

jmmmmm said:
They were still sending out invites last week. If you call them, they'll tell you if you have an interview (well, they told my friend), even if it doesn't say anything on your status page.

thanks jmmmmm, ill do that.

ok, so has anyone applied to NYMC and been rejected pre-interview? i submitted my application Oct 4 and havent heard diddly squat from them. lemme know,

limbo said:
ok, so has anyone applied to NYMC and been rejected pre-interview? i submitted my application Oct 4 and havent heard diddly squat from them. lemme know,

Got a transcript request from them in Janurary. Since then... nothing. I was complete in October as well.

I haven't heard a thing from them since... october.

There are so many threads with agitated NYMC applicants now, it's hilarious.

Members don't see this ad :)
It says right on the website NOT to email them regarding current application status.

Has anyone else had trouble acessing their website/status page? I can't get on it at all for the past 3 weeks!!

I don't have trouble accessing the status page, but my status page doesn't get updated.

Why is NYMC driving me nuts? 13+ week post-interview decision?!?! Come on!!!

MDNYC said:
Has anyone else had trouble acessing their website/status page? I can't get on it at all for the past 3 weeks!!

sdnstud said:
I don't have trouble accessing the status page, but my status page doesn't get updated.

Why is NYMC driving me nuts? 13+ week post-interview decision?!?! Come on!!!

i'm only at the ~5 week mark, but still... how long does it take to say yes or no?!

My application was complete in mid-Sept. and still no word. I did call them (in early Feb. I think) and found out I was on the interview waitlist.

trinitrotoluene said:
My application was complete in mid-Sept. and still no word. I did call them (in early Feb. I think) and found out I was on the interview waitlist.

wow, an "interview waitlist??" interesting... (i completely believe you, by the way). i'm surprised you were able to find out something like that cause it seems like admissions at nymc is usually pretty tight-lipped. was the admissions person able to elaborate on this list at all for you (i.e., what chances you have)? best of luck!

medstylee said:
wow, an "interview waitlist??" interesting... (i completely believe you, by the way). i'm surprised you were able to find out something like that cause it seems like admissions at nymc is usually pretty tight-lipped. was the admissions person able to elaborate on this list at all for you (i.e., what chances you have)? best of luck!

Wait. My spreadsheet tells me that I don't know if I am on NYMC's waitlist. (I was thinking of Drexel.) However, it's a safe assumption considering how long I've been wiating. Pfft.

I interviewed on 12/16 and got an acceptance in the mail yesterday :) but my status page has not changed.

spongebob_sq said:
I interviewed on 12/16 and got an acceptance in the mail yesterday :) but my status page has not changed.

Hey spongebob, where are you located?