Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

NYMC & Jefferson Secondaries

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Nutella, Sep 4, 2001.

1. Nutella

Nutella Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Okay, having a bit of a problem with the NYMC web application (a bit reminiscent of AMCAS). I am on the second page, and when I press continue, it gives me a warning note instructing me to "select correct value for 'have you applied to NYMC before'" I swear I haven't, and have noted that, but it won't let me continue. Anyone else having a similiar problem and/or a solution before I call them up?

Also, Jefferson is the only school that has not sent me a secondary. Does anyone know if they use that as a cut, or if I should just wait a bit longer?

2. Nutella

Nutella Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Okay, my bad,

I just read some of the NYMC web page, and noticed that my problem is Netscape related. I'll try it with IE and see what happens. I think I am just a little computer- sensitive after all my experiences with AMCAS. Of course, any info on Jefferson would still be appreciated...

3. mdhopeful

mdhopeful Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

why don't you give jefferson a call and see if you are in their database. they have their secondary online.

4. dknykid1980

dknykid1980 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

actually i think jeffereson has a paper app cuz i receieved one. I'm kinda worried about one fo there Q's whcih is somethign like if you couldnt be a doc what other 2 professions would you have considered??

GOsh, they're gonna trap us with that q when it comes to interviews =)

5. Lily2

Lily2 Member
    7+ Year Member

I printed off a copy of Jefferson's online secondary which was in Acrobat format. Even though there isn't a password to access it, am I suppose to wait until they tell me I can? Is the online different from the one they send out?-I don't remember a question asking about what other professions I've considered.

6. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't remember that question either. I think Rochester was the only school with an on-line secondary that didn't want it sent until they asked for it. I sent off the Jefferson secondary over a month ago. I haven't heard a word from them, though.

7. Daredevil

Daredevil Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I sent mine in 3 weeks ago, and they have yet to cash the check.. Perhaps my application is still sitting there, or in the trash bin already :rolleyes:

8. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

:p Oh, I'm sure they'd cash the check before tossing your app! :D Seriously, give it a little more time. If it took a week to get there, then 2 more weeks to get it properly filed -- that would be like the speed of light compared to AMCAS!

9. Lily2

Lily2 Member
    7+ Year Member

SMW when you said "haven't heard from them" did you mean pre or post secondary? I feel odd just sending it in w/o haven't gotten a single thing from them, not even a short generic email.

10. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Haven't heard a thing pre- or post-secondary.
    I know they have my "unverified" AMCAS , because I sent it to them with delivery confirmation. They're supposed to have something from AMCAS, because there's a date behind their name on my AMCAS app (which probably means just name, rank & serial no.). My feeling was that any school that had their secondary on-line without requiring a password or something was probably going to get a lot of unsolicited secondaries in this year of years, and, if they weren't going to throw them away, I wanted mine to be among them. I don't know what to make of their silence. I suppose I should call them.

11. Darwin

10+ Year Member

I know MCP-H asked the question about what two other careers you would choose...but I don't remember that one on the Jefferson secondary. Oh crap, did I miss something somewhere?

12. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

That's where I saw that question! No, I don't think you missed anything. I don't think it was on Jeff's secondary at all. I think dknykid was mistaken.