1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

NYMC & Jefferson Secondaries

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Nutella, Sep 4, 2001.

1. Nutella

Nutella Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Okay, having a bit of a problem with the NYMC web application (a bit reminiscent of AMCAS). I am on the second page, and when I press continue, it gives me a warning note instructing me to "select correct value for 'have you applied to NYMC before'" I swear I haven't, and have noted that, but it won't let me continue. Anyone else having a similiar problem and/or a solution before I call them up?

Also, Jefferson is the only school that has not sent me a secondary. Does anyone know if they use that as a cut, or if I should just wait a bit longer?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Nutella

Nutella Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Okay, my bad,

I just read some of the NYMC web page, and noticed that my problem is Netscape related. I'll try it with IE and see what happens. I think I am just a little computer- sensitive after all my experiences with AMCAS. Of course, any info on Jefferson would still be appreciated...

4. mdhopeful

mdhopeful Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

why don't you give jefferson a call and see if you are in their database. they have their secondary online.

5. dknykid1980

dknykid1980 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

actually i think jeffereson has a paper app cuz i receieved one. I'm kinda worried about one fo there Q's whcih is somethign like if you couldnt be a doc what other 2 professions would you have considered??

GOsh, they're gonna trap us with that q when it comes to interviews =)

6. Lily2

Lily2 Member
    7+ Year Member

I printed off a copy of Jefferson's online secondary which was in Acrobat format. Even though there isn't a password to access it, am I suppose to wait until they tell me I can? Is the online different from the one they send out?-I don't remember a question asking about what other professions I've considered.

7. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't remember that question either. I think Rochester was the only school with an on-line secondary that didn't want it sent until they asked for it. I sent off the Jefferson secondary over a month ago. I haven't heard a word from them, though.

8. Daredevil

Daredevil Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I sent mine in 3 weeks ago, and they have yet to cash the check.. Perhaps my application is still sitting there, or in the trash bin already :rolleyes:

9. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

:p Oh, I'm sure they'd cash the check before tossing your app! :D Seriously, give it a little more time. If it took a week to get there, then 2 more weeks to get it properly filed -- that would be like the speed of light compared to AMCAS!

10. Lily2

Lily2 Member
    7+ Year Member

SMW when you said "haven't heard from them" did you mean pre or post secondary? I feel odd just sending it in w/o haven't gotten a single thing from them, not even a short generic email.

11. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Haven't heard a thing pre- or post-secondary.
    I know they have my "unverified" AMCAS , because I sent it to them with delivery confirmation. They're supposed to have something from AMCAS, because there's a date behind their name on my AMCAS app (which probably means just name, rank & serial no.). My feeling was that any school that had their secondary on-line without requiring a password or something was probably going to get a lot of unsolicited secondaries in this year of years, and, if they weren't going to throw them away, I wanted mine to be among them. I don't know what to make of their silence. I suppose I should call them.

12. Darwin

10+ Year Member

I know MCP-H asked the question about what two other careers you would choose...but I don't remember that one on the Jefferson secondary. Oh crap, did I miss something somewhere?

13. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

That's where I saw that question! No, I don't think you missed anything. I don't think it was on Jeff's secondary at all. I think dknykid was mistaken.