NYMC or NYCOM etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dcpayne

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I also posted this under the allopathic board.

I have some questions for anyone familiar with New York Medical College:

1. My future wife is interested in doing her 4th year electives in New York. This presents a problem because I won't know for at least 8 weeks whether or not I'm in at NYMC. Should I call the admissions office and see if they can push my app through a little quicker? Will they even care about my reason for doing this? Any feedback would be helpful.

2. I have already been accepted at NYCOM. Is anyone familiar enough with both schools to give me some feedback about their relative strengths and weaknesses? No DO vs MD crap please, I just want to make an informed choice should I get accepted to both schools.

Thanks,
DCPAYNE

All times are ET

Members don't see this ad.

If you get accepted into NYMC, go there.

A polite call or e-mail to the admissions office about the situation with your wife probably won't hurt and may in fact help, because it may indicate to them that you really want to go to NYMC and wouldn't turn down an acceptance. Good luck!

Thanks,

I really liked both schools and will quite happily attend NYCOM, but the on campus clinical facilities and the location of NYMC really impressed me. No matter what I'll be a physician 4 years from and that is what I'm most concerned about.